Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Administrator Muskie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,977

    Miami, Dayton, UC, X, and Scheduling in the New Era of Basketball

    Link

    Within a year of his arrival at Miami, the sixth-year athletic director said some programs told him they wouldnít come to Oxford again.
    ďI think itís a shame. I think itís important to celebrate rivalries and kind of make a big deal out of them and let fans enjoy them. Iím hoping we can do more things down the road including with Dayton and Xavier in all sports. Why arenít we playing more often? It doesnít seem to make a lot of sense, why these schools are telling us they donít want to play us anymore,Ē Sayler said.

    ____

    Another great article from Shannon Russell. Also Greg Christopher's summary of Xavier's scheduling philosophy was great.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant Ö isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

    Follow XH on Twitter

    Follow XH on Facebook

  2. #2
    Supporting Member XMuskieFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canton, MI
    Posts
    2,337
    Miami hasn't had a winning record in a decade. Why would we continue to play them H/H and let them pull down our metrics while they neglect their program? Especially with conference seasons heading for 20 games, there's room for a consistently sub 250 kenpom team as a road game...

  3. #3
    Junior xavierj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    3,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

    Within a year of his arrival at Miami, the sixth-year athletic director said some programs told him they wouldnít come to Oxford again.
    ďI think itís a shame. I think itís important to celebrate rivalries and kind of make a big deal out of them and let fans enjoy them. Iím hoping we can do more things down the road including with Dayton and Xavier in all sports. Why arenít we playing more often? It doesnít seem to make a lot of sense, why these schools are telling us they donít want to play us anymore,Ē Sayler said.

    ____

    Another great article from Shannon Russell. Also Greg Christopher's summary of Xavier's scheduling philosophy was great.
    Play them at home with no return. Miami gets like 1,000 fans a game. No reason for big time schools to play them home and Home. Kentucky and Louisville would never travel to Morehead.

  4. #4
    There’s no way this guy doesn’t know why we won’t play them. They suck thats why. I also don’t like this guy bashing us publicly/grouping us in with uc when we are playing them this year and we play 4/5 local games every year
    Last edited by scoscox; 09-07-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  5. #5
    Senior Moderator xeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    3,899
    Only LH considers Miami (OH) to be a major rival.

    LH, Miami, etc.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,051
    Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Only LH considers Miami (OH) to be a major rival.

    LH, Miami, etc.
    Possibly the greatest thread ever.

  7. #7
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    10,967
    A greater mystery this week is Miami being favored to beat UC. UC won at UCLA last weekend and Miami lost at home to Marshall.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    25,177
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    A greater mystery this week is Miami being favored to beat UC. UC won at UCLA last weekend and Miami lost at home to Marshall.
    Normally this would indicate that you should bet the house on Miami.

  9. #9
    Supporting Member Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    A greater mystery this week is Miami being favored to beat UC. UC won at UCLA last weekend and Miami lost at home to Marshall.
    It's for the bell

  10. #10
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,051
    I once heard that X agreed to continue playing the home and home, but demanded a certain amount of money when played in Oxford, and Miami said, "We can't afford that." So the series was cancelled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •