Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sophomore

What time of day are Xavier practices as I must spend 2 days in Cincinnati

One daughter got car totaled 2 weeks ago as someone ran into it while it was parked on Clenay (car experts tell me "crumple zones" make many accidents a total that never would have been 20 yrs ago). Just got check from offender's insurance and will buy cheap of lease Ford. It seems like practice starts about 9 AM in Cintas as I have seen players walking in past few summers.Is that correct? No great plans as I am taking bus back to NYC at 8 but have talked way into many things in life..you never know.

Junior
    Are you trying to hang outside Cintas so you can chat with players or trying to go watch practice (which, I doubt you could do)?

Sophomore
    I am hoping at a 63 yr old parent of 2 X students, number 1 X fan in tri state area, still playing competitive 60+ hoops that someone will look the other way. At 23 I sat on Spurs bench in Philly when they beat 76ers in 1979 by being the only Spurs fan , and have weaseled my way into many places I should not have been especially when by myself. I am not too proud to beg. I doubt it will work though as my day has past. Given that no one will be up at 9 am there is no loss as I will go to 8am mass with sister rose then walk over. I freaked my daughters out by having a 5 min conversation with Q and Tyrique last year outside their dorm by dropping the Conn card(a friend of mine Ubered Tyriques mom). I am weird in a nice way.

All-Conference
    Is your last name Cintas? If not, good luck.

Sophomore
    not even Kohlhepp. I will invest a few minutes.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I've never had a problem getting into Cintas in the off season, or on non-game days.
    Just would go in any open door and start wandering around. If I ran into anyone, I'd tell them what year I graduated.
    That combined with my white hair seemed to create a reason for them to ignore me, or help me.
    Wandered up to the offices, Mack wasn't there, but spent some time with former women's coach. Ran into some players in the lower floors.
    Just go for it.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I have never heard that these things are closed, honestly. I think local high school coaches attend to pick up ideas on running practices and what good players can do in practice. I also think the reporters often check things out, trying to brainstorm story angles.

I guess if it's unwelcome, they'll let you know and no harm done. Just look as confused as possible. Shouldn't be too hard.

If you do get in, give us a Jake Walter update.....that is like finding hen's teeth!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I probably shouldn't say this, but I've never had a problem getting into Cintas in the off season, or on non-game days.
    Just would go in any open door and start wandering around. If I ran into anyone, I'd tell them what year I graduated.
    That combined with my white hair seemed to create a reason for them to ignore me, or help me.
    Wandered up to the offices, Mack wasn't there, but spent some time with former women's coach. Ran into some players in the lower floors.
    Just go for it.

Echo this. There are a lot of auxiliary services in Cintas (study/classrooms, rest of the team sports training rooms), that there's always an open door somewhere. I used to study for finals there. If you stand at the start of the top level and its just yourself, it's pretty hard to get spotted.

Hell, I had a roommate that was on the track team (in the winter they ran laps around the concourse), and we would go shoot on the main floor.

The issue isn't "can you get in" but rather "when is practice". Mack (and I'm guessing Steele will continue this tradition) didn't close preseason practice (not sure about in-season) but you have to know when they are going, and to my knowledge it varies day-to-day.