2018 M Soccer Season

The season kicks off this weekend with a home tie against Cincinnati Christian tonight followed by a road match at Northwestern Sunday.

X played two exhibitions the last two weekends. Won 2-1 at #2 Indiana and tied 0-0 at #7 MSU. Definitely a promising preseason start. Hopefully it translates into the season.

So far they have avoided the early season defeats to lesser teams. 2-0-2 isn't great but not bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    So far they have avoided the early season defeats to lesser teams. 2-0-2 isn't great but not bad either.
    Big game tonight against #3 UK, will see what this squad is made of tonight, luckily at home, hopefully they have a good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Big game tonight against #3 UK, will see what this squad is made of tonight, luckily at home, hopefully they have a good showing.
    Draw. 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Draw. 0-0
    Didn't get to watch obviously but checked the twitter feed and saw that they had a 17-9 advantage of shots, guess they just couldn't put away some chances, Big East play starts soon, so hopefully they can gain some momentum and make a splash there. Would love for our guys to get back into the NCAA tournament.

In the last minute of the game, X came as close as you can to scoring, but don’t. The UK keeper dove and stopped a ball that was rolling into the goal. I swear that 2/3rds of the ball was over the goal line! When X settled down and concentrated on getting and keeping possession, they had several scoring chances. None better than the last one however. There was a good crowd too. Fun evening, but a little frustrating because of the result.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    In the last minute of the game, X came as close as you can to scoring, but don’t. The UK keeper dove and stopped a ball that was rolling into the goal. I swear that 2/3rds of the ball was over the goal line! When X settled down and concentrated on getting and keeping possession, they had several scoring chances. None better than the last one however. There was a good crowd too. Fun evening, but a little frustrating because of the result.
    It's promising to know that they can hold their own against good competition such as UK, Indiana, and Michigan State. The latter two were pre-season, but still promising, need to get a few more in the win column though, but I guess as the Browns would say, still undefeated?

Come back win vs. Georgetown on the road. Road kills are all good. Creighton is the class of the conference I think so far this season. Our ties are keeping us out of the rankings.

I show Coach Fleming is 4 wins shy of 100 wins at X. Anyone want to double check my math?

https://goxavier.com/sports/2015/9/2...923155948.aspx
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Didn't get it yesterday, tough blow out but hopefully it's just a mid-season slump.