Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Both seems like worthy prospects, but from what I've seen I think Tandy is the stronger option. He's pretty athletic and seems to have a decent IQ for his age. Paired with Dwon Odom, that backcourt is going to be very strong in a couple years.

Supporting Member
    So, is Odom the pure point and KyKy more of an off guard that could play pg if needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So, is Odom the pure point and KyKy more of an off guard that could play pg if needed?
    Yes. Both are built for big east basketball. Beverly is a good player too but I feel we have enough guards that need to put on weight as it is (I still have some reservation with Kennedy and to a lesser extent Harden) ... KyKy can put the ball in the bucket at a high level and is explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yep. KyKy can flat out put the ball in the hole and play both guard spots.

I think the staff gets it done this weekend and locks him up. Johnson is the lead on KyKy and he has done a great job.

I like Myron Gardner as well. Staff was in to see him today, also in to see 5 star 2020 Isaiah Jackson. They played for The Family together on the AAU circuit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Jackson-46048447/
    Last edited by XU22; 10-17-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Sophomore
    The added bonus with Gardner is that he’s a priority target for uc. Tandy was as well before they got Curtis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Yes. Both are built for big east basketball. Beverly is a good player too but I feel we have enough guards that need to put on weight as it is (I still have some reservation with Kennedy and to a lesser extent Harden) ... KyKy can put the ball in the bucket at a high level and is explosive.
    Completely agree with your assessment on Tandy and Odom on their physicality. As a senior in high school, Tandy is now physically ready to play Big East basketball. Curious, why do you have a bigger reservation on Kennedy vs Harden? Is it weight or a physical thing? At this point, hard to compare Freshman vs Sophomore. We know the struggles Harden had last year (not to say he can’t overcome and seems he’s improved this year). However, Kennedy has shown some promise as well, but of course has areas of opportunities.

Obviously 2018 was not our best year recruiting. However, James and Kennedy can be very good four year players for X. If you look at the two prep schools they played for last year, they both played with future 5 star recruits and were never expected to be the stars. Baker at Westlake and Brakefield for Huntington. Of course this can change quickly in college.

I like good news and this sounds like some good news no matter which way it goes. I am impressed with all three prospects.
    Eenie meenie miney mo... if we can take two more... let’s make it so.
    Last edited by IM4X; 10-18-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Completely agree with your assessment on Tandy and Odom on their physicality. As a senior in high school, Tandy is now physically ready to play Big East basketball. Curious, why do you have a bigger reservation on Kennedy vs Harden? Is it weight or a physical thing? At this point, hard to compare Freshman vs Sophomore. We know the struggles Harden had last year (not to say he can’t overcome and seems he’s improved this year). However, Kennedy has shown some promise as well, but of course has areas of opportunities.

Obviously 2018 was not our best year recruiting. However, James and Kennedy can be very good four year players for X. If you look at the two prep schools they played for last year, they both played with future 5 star recruits and were never expected to be the stars. Baker at Westlake and Brakefield for Huntington. Of course this can change quickly in college.
    Reservations about putting weight on, not necessarily skills as a basketball player. Harden has put on some weight this year, and from all accounts has shown improvement. Kennedy has a narrower frame, and as a shooting guard he will be asked to defend some bigger guys in the big east if he wants to stay on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Reservations about putting weight on, not necessarily skills as a basketball player. Harden has put on some weight this year, and from all accounts has shown improvement. Kennedy has a narrower frame, and as a shooting guard he will be asked to defend some bigger guys in the big east if he wants to stay on the court.
    That makes sense. Let’s hope Jennings can continue to work his magic! Man, I’m so glad Jennings stayed as well.

Has there been any word on how Tandy's visit went?

Edit: I just read that he is supposed to make/announce his decision tomorrow afternoon.
    Last edited by principal; 10-22-2018 at 03:46 PM.