Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Yeah the 2016 might not have had guys drafted as seniors but all of their starters are either in the NBA (Hart, Brunson, Arcidiacono), or had played some time in the NBA (Ochefu, Jenkins). Booth was injured later. That roster was loaded with pro players.

The 2014 Huskies also had Rodney Purvis who took a cup of coffee with the Magic.

Rocket Watts (G) to Michigan State.....no surprise

Jalen Thomas (C) to UMass....somewhat of a surprise, he was thought to be 100% X at one point

With 4 commits in the fold, We will undoubtedly see more kids that X was recruiting for 2019 now start going to other schools. Nothing to be surprised or concerned about. X has already filled some needs and schools always puts out many more offers than they have spaces for. X still has two scholarships available but it wouldn’t surprise me if at least one was left open, possibly both.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Wasn’t josh Hart drafted?
    Hart was drafted in 2017, not 2016 when Nova won!

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Yeah the 2016 might not have had guys drafted as seniors but all of their starters are either in the NBA (Hart, Brunson, Arcidiacono), or had played some time in the NBA (Ochefu, Jenkins). Booth was injured later. That roster was loaded with pro players.

The 2014 Huskies also had Rodney Purvis who took a cup of coffee with the Magic.
    Nova was ridiculously loaded in 2016, I agree with that, they just had talent everywhere. I HATED Arcidiacono because I felt like he usually played really well against us haha.

And yup, Purvis was pretty solid, transferred from NC State to UCONN I believe? Napier, and Boatwright were the two main guys on their championship run though, not quite the level of Kemba Walker when he was there, but they were kind of fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Rocket Watts (G) to Michigan State.....no surprise

Jalen Thomas (C) to UMass....somewhat of a surprise, he was thought to be 100% X at one point

With 4 commits in the fold, We will undoubtedly see more kids that X was recruiting for 2019 now start going to other schools. Nothing to be surprised or concerned about. X has already filled some needs and schools always puts out many more offers than they have spaces for. X still has two scholarships available but it wouldn’t surprise me if at least one was left open, possibly both.

A bit surprised, yes, b/c it looks like XU thinks it will find better; he was a prime target for awhile and by all appearances a good fit.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Sophomore
    Gaffney has committed to UConn. Harlond Beverly moves up to priority #1.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Gaffney has committed to UConn. Harlond Beverly moves up to priority #1.
    UConn made him their top priority and promised him immediate playing time. X not going to do that, not with Q and Scruggs still around, not to mention a few others.

I’d rather see a SF in the fold, but X can afford to be choosy. No need to sign anyone just to fill an open scholly.

Sophomore
    If we can get him, I'd gladly take Beverly.
    As far as I can tell, we're the only of his major offers left that haven't filled our need at the guard spot, so we should have a really good chance
    Last edited by scoscox; 09-24-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Sophomore
    [QUOTE=XUGRAD80;629081]UConn made him their top priority and promised him immediate playing time. X not going to do that, not with Q and Scruggs still around, not to mention a few others.

I’d rather see a SF in the fold, but X can afford to be choosy. No need to sign anyone just to fill an open scholly.[/QUOTE

If there’s a SF we think can help us, I’d definitely take him. Only one that comes to mind is Quinn Slazinski. Don’t know a ton about him but he’s a long sharp-shooter. Not as athletic or skilled as Robbie Beran, but probably a similar fit.

Conversely, taking Beverly would more ably allow Harden and Bishop to play more 3 because of more guard depth.

Sophomore
    Beverly is a really long 6'4" so he's extremely versatile and looks like a great defender

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Beverly is a really long 6'4" so he's extremely versatile and looks like a great defender
    Signs point to Beverly being an MSU lock. Hopefully that isn't the case.