Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 331 to 339 of 339
  1. #331
    Sophomore sirthought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,118
    Both seems like worthy prospects, but from what I've seen I think Tandy is the stronger option. He's pretty athletic and seems to have a decent IQ for his age. Paired with Dwon Odom, that backcourt is going to be very strong in a couple years.

  2. #332
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,990
    So, is Odom the pure point and KyKy more of an off guard that could play pg if needed?

  3. #333
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So, is Odom the pure point and KyKy more of an off guard that could play pg if needed?
    Yes. Both are built for big east basketball. Beverly is a good player too but I feel we have enough guards that need to put on weight as it is (I still have some reservation with Kennedy and to a lesser extent Harden) ... KyKy can put the ball in the bucket at a high level and is explosive.

  4. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So, is Odom the pure point and KyKy more of an off guard that could play pg if needed?
    Yep. KyKy can flat out put the ball in the hole and play both guard spots.

    I think the staff gets it done this weekend and locks him up. Johnson is the lead on KyKy and he has done a great job.

    I like Myron Gardner as well. Staff was in to see him today, also in to see 5 star 2020 Isaiah Jackson. They played for The Family together on the AAU circuit.

    https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Jackson-46048447/
    Last edited by XU22; 10-17-2018 at 04:41 PM.

  5. #335
    The added bonus with Gardner is that he’s a priority target for uc. Tandy was as well before they got Curtis.
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  6. #336
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Yes. Both are built for big east basketball. Beverly is a good player too but I feel we have enough guards that need to put on weight as it is (I still have some reservation with Kennedy and to a lesser extent Harden) ... KyKy can put the ball in the bucket at a high level and is explosive.
    Completely agree with your assessment on Tandy and Odom on their physicality. As a senior in high school, Tandy is now physically ready to play Big East basketball. Curious, why do you have a bigger reservation on Kennedy vs Harden? Is it weight or a physical thing? At this point, hard to compare Freshman vs Sophomore. We know the struggles Harden had last year (not to say he can’t overcome and seems he’s improved this year). However, Kennedy has shown some promise as well, but of course has areas of opportunities.

    Obviously 2018 was not our best year recruiting. However, James and Kennedy can be very good four year players for X. If you look at the two prep schools they played for last year, they both played with future 5 star recruits and were never expected to be the stars. Baker at Westlake and Brakefield for Huntington. Of course this can change quickly in college.

  7. #337
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    770
    I like good news and this sounds like some good news no matter which way it goes. I am impressed with all three prospects.
    Eenie meenie miney mo... if we can take two more... let’s make it so.
    Last edited by IM4X; Yesterday at 09:25 AM.

  8. #338
    Sophomore Lloyd Braun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Completely agree with your assessment on Tandy and Odom on their physicality. As a senior in high school, Tandy is now physically ready to play Big East basketball. Curious, why do you have a bigger reservation on Kennedy vs Harden? Is it weight or a physical thing? At this point, hard to compare Freshman vs Sophomore. We know the struggles Harden had last year (not to say he can’t overcome and seems he’s improved this year). However, Kennedy has shown some promise as well, but of course has areas of opportunities.

    Obviously 2018 was not our best year recruiting. However, James and Kennedy can be very good four year players for X. If you look at the two prep schools they played for last year, they both played with future 5 star recruits and were never expected to be the stars. Baker at Westlake and Brakefield for Huntington. Of course this can change quickly in college.
    Reservations about putting weight on, not necessarily skills as a basketball player. Harden has put on some weight this year, and from all accounts has shown improvement. Kennedy has a narrower frame, and as a shooting guard he will be asked to defend some bigger guys in the big east if he wants to stay on the court.

  9. #339
    Supporting Member noteggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Reservations about putting weight on, not necessarily skills as a basketball player. Harden has put on some weight this year, and from all accounts has shown improvement. Kennedy has a narrower frame, and as a shooting guard he will be asked to defend some bigger guys in the big east if he wants to stay on the court.
    That makes sense. Let’s hope Jennings can continue to work his magic! Man, I’m so glad Jennings stayed as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •