Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I think you are correct that it is a one year only thing for Schrand. Not so sure that Miles will redshirt as some have speculated. X may need his size. He plays in school near me, so I hope to see him play a couple of times this year and get a better idea of where he’s at right now. I certainly hope that he is more impressive than Walters was when I saw him play. As prevalent as transfers are, it would surprise me more if there isn’t one, than if there is one.
    Miles is way behind where Jake was physically, in terms of being college-ready with his body. Now, he is off the charts athletically, but he makes Makinde London's physique (his freshman year) look bulky.

Jake would have helped this team this year, certainly in specialty situations like baseline out of bounds. Not to mention, anyone who watched him get the better of Texas-bound Hayes last year at CovCath would have seen what raw size and physicality can accomplish. Plus, he was (is, just not here) a great passer from the post.

I can only relate what I personally saw from Walters in the two games I saw him play in the regional tournament. I never saw him play in any other games, but in those two he wasn’t impressive to say the least. Since there is 0% chance that he will ever see the floor for Xavier I see no reason to make any other comment regarding his abilities.

I haven’t seen anything of Miles yet, so I won’t comment on him at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Miles is way behind where Jake was physically, in terms of being college-ready with his body. Now, he is off the charts athletically, but he makes Makinde London's physique (his freshman year) look bulky.

Jake would have helped this team this year, certainly in specialty situations like baseline out of bounds. Not to mention, anyone who watched him get the better of Texas-bound Hayes last year at CovCath would have seen what raw size and physicality can accomplish. Plus, he was (is, just not here) a great passer from the post.
    Looks like Miles is 6'10, 210lbs according to the 247 site, which seems pretty thin, definitely hope the coaches sent him a work out and nutrition plan to add some weight even before he gets here, checked back to see what Makinde was when he committed and he was 6'10, 195 lbs. Though 15 lbs of muscle is a lot sometimes you can't see it with the naked eye, he doesn't have a lot of offers, anybody know if he's supposed to be a pretty late bloomer? Think he'll shoot up from 245 overall in the rankings? I know really nothing about him.

As for Walter, he definitely would have helped just being able to spell a few minutes for Rique and Hankins due to sheer size in itself, while everything that is going on is unfortunate and what not, the depth could have been used, I wonder how good Dontarius James is going to be, hopefully enough to at least add some quality minutes at the 4 if necessary, our front court depth sucks this year, I'm glad Steele got Freemantle and Miles in the mix, but I'm hoping that we build forward even more in the 2020 class, a guy like Dawson Garcia would be pretty awesome if Coach Johnson was somehow able to pull that off.

EDIT: Just kind of glanced at the 2019 Prospects, and it has Tre Mitchell and Lester Quinones as interested, and warm on the interest meter, anybody know anything about this??
    Last edited by GIMMFD; 10-26-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post

No he wouldn't have. Everyone was saying that he was a likely candidate to redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    As for Walter, he definitely would have helped just being able to spell a few minutes for Rique and Hankins due to sheer size in itself, while everything that is going on is unfortunate and what not, the depth could have been used, I wonder how good Dontarius James is going to be, hopefully enough to at least add some quality minutes at the 4 if necessary, our front court depth sucks this year, I'm glad Steele got Freemantle and Miles in the mix, but I'm hoping that we build forward even more in the 2020 class, a guy like Dawson Garcia would be pretty awesome if Coach Johnson was somehow able to pull that off.
    Daniel Ramsey is also coming in for the frontcourt in 2019.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Hanson is listed at 6’6” and 215lbs....not really a “big”, so I’m not so sure he will help much in that department. My GUESS would be that X would keep any scholly they MIGHT have open, for use on an experienced grad transfer that can play the front court.
    Xavier is not going to take a grad transfer in the front court; with Tyrique and three signees that can play the position. Freemantle, Ramsey, and Miles are coming to Xavier to play. Between the three of them you can get 15-18 solid minutes. Also, Xavier is not allocating 5 roster spots for the center position.

Between these 4 players; Naji and James our front court is GTG.
    Last edited by xufan02; 10-26-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Looks like Miles is ...doesn't have a lot of offers, anybody know if he's supposed to be a pretty late bloomer? Think he'll shoot up from 245 overall in the rankings? I know really nothing about him.
    He was JV as a freshman, and was injured for an entire season (can't remember if it was sophomore or junior year). Plus he's from a small school in Kentucky. This suppressed a lot of eyeballs on him. General consensus is he has a ton of potential, but is incredibly raw.
    zip em up

Y'all who keep bringing up James to play the 4 are crazy. Only in some kind of desperate situation, but not even for spells.

Call me crazy. 1st of all, it is yet to be seen if he will play much at any position......he's a freshman. BUT, based on what I saw at the Madness, he is quick, athletic and very physical. I was blown away with how nice his 3 ball looked and he shot it with confidence! Played with a lot speed and energy on defense so shouldn't be a liability there. So, what's your point?
    Last edited by Xuperman; 10-27-2018 at 04:24 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Y'all who keep bringing up James to play the 4 are crazy. Only in some kind of desperate situation, but not even for spells.
    What position do you think he'll play?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk