Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Is this your first time on the internet? HA
    Lol! Even tried using “somewhat”. Forgot where I was...

Supporting Member
    Johnson recommitted to louisville.....whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Johnson recommitted to louisville.....whatever
    Not terribly surprised by that news, didn't think we were gonna get him tbh. I still think we're on course to grab one more guy that'll have an impact.

Very happy with the class of 2019. They are going to be the foundation.

The class of 2020 will be the gem. With Odom in the fold and then add another top 50 player such as Corey Walker or Dawson Garcia and we are on the way to the Final Four and beyond.

I know we fans get excited with stars and ranking numbers but practably nobody recruited Zach H, Brian Grant, Aaron Williams, and Lenny Brown

they all didn't play in NBA but great players don't always = Final 4's.
    I do know National champions need 2-3 NBA players so we will roll the dice like Duke and UK do.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I know we fans get excited with stars and ranking numbers but practably nobody recruited Zach H, Brian Grant, Aaron Williams, and Lenny Brown

I do know National champions need 2-3 NBA players so we will roll the dice like Duke and UK do.
    I think D West was a 3-star. Before he got to campus, someone from North Carolina posted to this board that West might be the best player in X history. I call that "prescient", with apologies to Byron.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I think D West was a 3-star. Before he got to campus, someone from North Carolina posted to this board that West might be the best player in X history. I call that "prescient", with apologies to Byron.

David West was not 3 star & had zero D1 offers when Jeff Battle accidentally discovered him @ Hargraves.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I don't think in 1998 or 1999 there were any star systems. I remember The Sporting News had a top 100 rating system and some magazines had some top 100 rankings for recruits.

I know West was waaayy off the radar. He was at Hargrave Military Academy which MAY have gotten himself some eyeballs.
    I remember in 1997, TJ Johnson from Oak Hills Academy and X power forward, was ranked 99th by The Sporting News.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post

I was pretty curious about how many NBA guys came off of National Championship teams, so I decided to do research for the last few years (just guys drafted):
    2018 - Villanova - Mikail Bridges, Donte DiVincenzo, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson
    2017 - UNC - Justin Jackson, Tony Bradley
    2016 - Villanova - N/A
    2015 - Duke - Jahlil Okafor, Justise Winslow, Tyus Jones,
    2014 - UCONN - Shahbaz Napier
    2013 - Louisville - Gorgui Dieng, Peyton Siva

So definitely having NBA talent translates to winning a National Championship, but there's 2 out of 6 years there, there was 1 or none that were drafted. Obviously you have a better chance of winning with better talent, that's just a given. The thing though is that the NCAA Tournament is so fickle, and it really depends on how hot your team is. I mean UVA should beat UMBC 99 out of 100 times, but they ran into that one time. There's a bevy of factors in play, but getting in on some Top 50 guys for 2020 would be great for us moving forward.

Sophomore
    Wasn’t josh Hart drafted?