Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    I'll go with Steele as our best ever Xs and Os coach. Just edging out Prosser (yes, that part is a joke).

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Absolutely completely disagree...Miller is by far a better x and o coach in my opinion.

Mack doesnt value defense and was continually dismantled against nova over and over and over because he refused to adjust his gameplan against them.
    Maybe Villanova was just better than X. Like 4 - 0 in drafted players better. I actually thought our game plan for the game at X last year was very good. Sometimes better teams just play better.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Maybe Villanova was just better than X. Like 4 - 0 in drafted players better. I actually thought our game plan for the game at X last year was very good. Sometimes better teams just play better.
    Better? Yes. 25 points better every single time we play? No.

Absolutely completely disagree...Miller is by far a better x and o coach in my opinion.

Mack doesnt value defense and was continually dismantled against nova over and over and over because he refused to adjust his gameplan against them.

How about the X's and O's in the game out in San Jose?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    I did an analysis a while back regarding Villanova bs the Big East.

Over the 5 years of the New Big East, Nova had something like 20 total losses. EVERY team has logged at least 1 win against nova, so that account for 9 of the 20. Since XU only has one, that means the other 8 teams have combined for 11 additional wins against Nova.

We literally are tied for worst record vs. Nova in the BE.

jay Wright has our number.

Mack was a great offensive coach and I think he could game plan with anyone (Wright and Few were exceptions). Jury is out on Steele, but he is just getting started and we are going to find out. I think people forget the early lumps Mack took, but towards the end I saw him out scheme opposing coaches. He has time to learn and improve.

I am not bitter about Mack leaving at all. It took a huge payday, and his wife's hometown to pry him out AND he left us with what I think is a worthy successor (who has a hot wife). If Steele really is the mastermind of the offense or learned from Mack himself fantastic, here is to hoping that Johnson/Jackson/Hayes can slide in some rugged defense.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I did an analysis a while back regarding Villanova bs the Big East.

Over the 5 years of the New Big East, Nova had something like 20 total losses. EVERY team has logged at least 1 win against nova, so that account for 9 of the 20. Since XU only has one, that means the other 8 teams have combined for 11 additional wins against Nova.

We literally are tied for worst record vs. Nova in the BE.

jay Wright has our number.
    Jay Wright has chris Mack's number. It's extremely simple...mack refuses to play a different defense other than the pack line or the 131 zone against nova which is completely stupid since they are an incredibly talented shooting team year in and year out.

Jay Wright has chris Mack's number. It's extremely simple...mack refuses to play a different defense other than the pack line or the 131 zone against nova which is completely stupid since they are an incredibly talented shooting team year in and year out.
    Mack also ran a 2-3. So those were the 3 defenses he ran. Are you suggesting X should have installed a 4th and different defense for two games per year?

While I realize Mack left, he was a damn good coach, and arguably the most successful coach in Xavier history.
    Last edited by XU 87; 09-20-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Mack also ran a 2-3. So those were the 3 defenses he ran. Are you suggesting X should have installed a 4th and different defense for two games per year?

While I realize Mack left, he was a damn good coach, and arguably the most successful coach in Xavier history.
    Agreed, too bad he’s such a douche bag, as we learned.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Miller was my favorite coach.
    Defense, rebounding, recruiter.

Mack's best thing was the out of bounds plays and recruiting.