Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rest assured, Nova will be near the top again.

We will likely be middle of the pack and on the bubble. Hopefully, the good side. Any upside to that is gravy in my eyes (for this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    If you take out the "Andy Katz" factor, the prospect of a new coach and basically three new starters (who weren't on the team last year) it's not a stretch for me to say it could be rough season. But a 9th place finish season? I'd be surprised.
    In a league with a lot of very good teams and players and a great deal of parity, choosing a team with the type of turnover Xavier has had, along with the many 'unknown' elements and questions about depth, scoring and how the transfers will fit into the system coming from lesser competition, a serious college basketball pundit/expert would be crazy to pick Xavier to finish high this year.

As optimistic as I want to be (Xavier is going undefeated every year and win NC after NC) - this is 'crap-shoot' year.

Do I want them to go undefeated in OOC, win the BE - regular season and tournament - and cruise through the NCAA to a NC? Yes!

But I am, admittedly, unreasonable, biased and generally unrealistically ignorant about NCAAMBB (and many other things as well).

I can definitely see how more reasonable, unbiased, realistic and infinitely more knowledgeable in all things basketball (I won't speak to their general intelligence in other aspects) would have serious question about Xavier, especially as it pertaining to their standing in the Big East.

......still.... we know better... am I right!
    I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I'm so steady I don't move for months. W. C. Fields