Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3XiQswSmbjBiU/giphy.gif

tom crean if we land jaylin williams
    Haha! Xavier’s successful recruiting policy: recruit in whichever state Tom Crean lives
    zip em up

We wont be lacking for talent, that is for sure. Hopefully Steele and company can coach as good as they recruit, I think we are on the verge of something special.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Incredible news indeed!!!! Someone I was so hoping would choose X- a truly great fit.

WELCOME- WELCOME... MR. RAMSEY!!!! So very glad you are one of us now. Can't wait to see you doing your thing while in an X uniform.

Now you can focus on getting commitments from a few more preospects who will nicely fill in the other areas of need.

Wooo Hooooo!!!!!!!

My only worry here, honestly, is that he played on the UA circuit. That league is notorious for being weak. Didn't he play a bit on the EYBL with the Georgia Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    My only worry here, honestly, is that he played on the UA circuit. That league is notorious for being weak. Didn't he play a bit on the EYBL with the Georgia Stars?
    He'll be a bit of a project, for sure, as I'm sure he doesn't compete against a ton of people taller. But I really like this recruit. Great motor. Good IQ. He still has a year to improve and I'm sure he'll be thinking about ways to improve his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    He'll be a bit of a project, for sure, as I'm sure he doesn't compete against a ton of people taller. But I really like this recruit. Great motor. Good IQ. He still has a year to improve and I'm sure he'll be thinking about ways to improve his skills.
    EVERY recruit and EVERY team is “a bit of a project”.......LOL. There are lots of HS players that are 6’8” and taller, but not many that are that tall and weigh 220. There isn’t that many in college that have that combo either. He may not see many opposing players of that size in his regular HS games, but he has certainly seen a fair number in the summer leagues. While the summer leagues are not as organized as the high school regular seasons are, the players have the opportunity to play many more games, against a much wider span of opposition. I’m sure that he has gone up against tough competition there and he has certainly held his own. I’m extremely happy with the players that Steele and the other coaches have brought in....the transfers and the HS recruits....and I expect to continue to be happy with what is still going to happen in that area.