Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I do think Tyrique is capable of guarding a 4 out on the perimeter. I'm just not sure what you would do with him on offense. He certainly can't play on the perimeter on offense.
    He already fouls at a tremendous clip. I don't think putting him out on the perimeter will help that?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I am not underrating him at all. I am just saying the Scruggs and Marshall have the talent and athleticism to be better overall than Bluiett and Macura. If X makes a FF with Scruggs/Marshall, you might sing a different tune.
    Will I think they had a better career if that happens? Yes. Will I think either is better than Trevon or West individually? TBD.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    If they are that good you won't see them for 4 years. You may never see 3 4 year seniors get a number one seed again. Tre and JP were damn good players; good enough to lead us to a 1 seed but not good enough to be on the NBA radar according to the little metrics and combine type scouts. Good luck to Sean and Karem 2 in Europe..It is amazing to see all 4 seniors playing for pay. I am excited for this year to see a merging of good one year players who want to emulate Sean or Karem with their exposure from X with our last two year recruits. I am optimistic and see 21 wins and a sweet 16 ceiling.

The days of X playing the double low post (Hill and Strong, Aaron Williams and Grant, etc.) are long gone. I don't see how you play Tyrique at the 4.
    It would take him shooting more than 30% from three to earn any regular minutes at the 4. Sounds rather unlikely.

You will see Tyrique shoot and make 3s this year... at what % is a good question however.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    If they are that good you won't see them for 4 years. You may never see 3 4 year seniors get a number one seed again. Tre and JP were damn good players; good enough to lead us to a 1 seed but not good enough to be on the NBA radar according to the little metrics and combine type scouts. Good luck to Sean and Karem 2 in Europe..It is amazing to see all 4 seniors playing for pay. I am excited for this year to see a merging of good one year players who want to emulate Sean or Karem with their exposure from X with our last two year recruits. I am optimistic and see 21 wins and a sweet 16 ceiling.
    Yeah I definitely believe that, the one and done culture doesn't look like it will be going away any time soon, so our days of really good 4 year players are probably over. We had a very special Senior class that made great memories, and unfortunately came up short in the tournament to our expectations, but it doesn't take away anything that they did. An incredible 4 year ride watching those guys grow into the players they were. I just don't see that happening anymore. I don't see Naji and Scruggs if they fit the bill, stay for all 4 years, I mean I'd love for that to happen, but if the NBA comes calling, and you can secure your future, who can blame you for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    You will see Tyrique shoot and make 3s this year... at what % is a good question however.
    Do you know something we don't? Other than a free throw, I don't think I've seen Tyrique shoot a shot beyond a few feet.

LARKIN....second to none.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Do you know something we don't? Other than a free throw, I don't think I've seen Tyrique shoot a shot beyond a few feet.
    He will be the first player EVER to DUNK a three pointer.

Do not underestimate my man!

He has a decent shot beyond the FT line believe it or not. No one will ever confuse him for Tre Bluiett but I think they are hoping to get more out of Tyrique on offense.