Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Scoring is just one piece of the game, I think Scruggs/Marshall will be better overall players than Macura/Bluiett. I think we are finally going to see some good defense again that isn't zone.
    Damn, is Bluiett already underrated? I think there's a reasonable argument that he had the best overall career in Xavier history.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Moving him to the 4 allows that. Is Tyrique capable of a more-mobile 4 man? I don't know, but if the staff has thoughts of moving him there, then I guess he's capable.
    I do think Tyrique is capable of guarding a 4 out on the perimeter. I'm just not sure what you would do with him on offense. He certainly can't play on the perimeter on offense.

All-Conference
    Maybe he turns into Amari Spellman.

I agree...hard to see that type of transformation on offense, but they're apparently giving it a shot, at least right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Damn, is Bluiett already underrated? I think there's a reasonable argument that he had the best overall career in Xavier history.
    I am not underrating him at all. I am just saying the Scruggs and Marshall have the talent and athleticism to be better overall than Bluiett and Macura. If X makes a FF with Scruggs/Marshall, you might sing a different tune.

All-Conference
    You knew from the jump Tre and JP were going to be special. Both contributed right away and neither seemed to be out of their element as they made the transition.

The are the standard for Xavier duos going forward. If they are surpassed, that's real good for us.

All-Conference
    You knew from the jump Tre and JP were going to be special. Both contributed right away and neither seemed to be out of their element as they made the transition.

The are the standard for Xavier duos going forward. If they are surpassed, that's real good for us.

Drudy, have you developed a stutter?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I think he had a really good career, but the 2 flame outs in the NCAA as a #1 & #2 seed is easy to target as a downside. His rebounding was average for the number of minutes he played, his passing was average. his defense was below average. His scoring was remarkable. The talent around him was remarkable as well, giving him a chance to escape being the focus of the defense. On the occasions where he WAS the focus of the defense, he was often contained.

Again, I'm NOT trying to bash Trevon by any means. it's just that he had a pretty one-dimensional game, and we built an entire offense around it. Of course he put up big scoring numbers...

DWest had the best career in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I think he had a really good career, but the 2 flame outs in the NCAA as a #1 & #2 seed is easy to target as a downside. His rebounding was average for the number of minutes he played, his passing was average. his defense was below average. His scoring was remarkable. The talent around him was remarkable as well, giving him a chance to escape being the focus of the defense. On the occasions where he WAS the focus of the defense, he was often contained.

Again, I'm NOT trying to bash Trevon by any means. it's just that he had a pretty one-dimensional game, and we built an entire offense around it. Of course he put up big scoring numbers...

DWest had the best career in my opinion.
    Won't argue at all with West. I think it's one of the two. Bluiett's post season career (flame outs included) was definitely more successful than West (not to mention leading teams to 1 and 2 seeds). Bluiett also played in a far better conference. They're both all time greats clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I am not underrating him at all. I am just saying the Scruggs and Marshall have the talent and athleticism to be better overall than Bluiett and Macura. If X makes a FF with Scruggs/Marshall, you might sing a different tune.
    This is such a hot take I love it. They've got a looooong way to go. It will take more than a Final Four. Trevon is in rarified air.

If you're right this is going to be one hell of a stretch.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 08-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.