Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Naji was the guy all the experts said the elite coaches would kick themselves for missing. I saw Marshall from 32 down to the 90s. Scruggs was consistently 25-35 in all rankings. He did get hurt up in Napa his Senior year which delayed his development.

Scruggs and Marshall won't score like Macura and Bluiett did, but I just have a feeling they will be better overall players.
    Wow.....better than the #2 scorer in XU history? Bluietts name will be in the rafters one day.

I get what you are saying about being all around players on both sides of the ball......but.........

Quote Originally Posted by X-ROX View Post
    I’m really looking forward to see what Tyrique is going to bring this year. I expect him to play a lot more and put up big numbers this year.
    I agree with watching for Tyrique's development this year. Andy Mac on Brad Redford's podcast, if I remember, said he's lost some weight and wouldn't be surprised to see at the 4. Maybe play at times even with Hankins.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    I agree with watching for Tyrique's development this year. Andy Mac on Brad Redford's podcast, if I remember, said he's lost some weight and wouldn't be surprised to see at the 4. Maybe play at times even with Hankins.
    Love Tyrique...but I really hope not. With the core of Q/Scruggs/Naji, this team needs to space the floor, not clog it up with two bigs (certain matchups notwithstanding).

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Love Tyrique...but I really hope not. With the core of Q/Scruggs/Naji, this team needs to space the floor, not clog it up with two bigs (certain matchups notwithstanding).
    Moving him to the 4 allows that. Is Tyrique capable of a more-mobile 4 man? I don't know, but if the staff has thoughts of moving him there, then I guess he's capable.
    Last edited by drudy23; 08-09-2018 at 10:44 AM.

All-Conference
    Moving him to the 4 allows that. Is Tyrique capable of a more-mobile 4 man? I don't know, but if the staff has thoughts of moving him there, then I guess he's capable.

The days of X playing the double low post (Hill and Strong, Aaron Williams and Grant, etc.) are long gone. I don't see how you play Tyrique at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Wow.....better than the #2 scorer in XU history? Bluietts name will be in the rafters one day.

I get what you are saying about being all around players on both sides of the ball......but.........
    Scoring is just one piece of the game, I think Scruggs/Marshall will be better overall players than Macura/Bluiett. I think we are finally going to see some good defense again that isn't zone.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Don't think I agree here. I absolutely love Tyrique's game and I think he's perfect for X's system (at the 5) where he is relatively mobile, can clean the glass, block a few shots and clean up misses, etc. He's shown flashes of being able to get a bucket or two when you throw it to him down low also.

Still, barring a complete renaissance in his game, he can't space the floor because there's no need to guard him outside 5 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

Scoring is just one piece of the game, I think Scruggs/Marshall will be better overall players than Macura/Bluiett. I think we are finally going to see some good defense again that isn't zone.

All-Conference
    Maybe he turns into Amari Spellman.

I agree...hard to see that type of transformation, but they're apparently giving it a shot, at least right now.