Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    And Temple lost to Villanova and Buffalo.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

UC completely dominated the game, too, so it must have been a particularly painful loss for their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Purdue almost beat Eastern Michigan, so they're pretty stout.
    Lmfao to be fair, I really liked the Brohm hire for Purdue, and Rondale Moore is a beast, but no reason you should get smacked like that on National Television in prime time.. yet somehow still ranked in the top 10, I don't get it, haven't been watching much but has Herbstreit found a way to spin this as a "quality loss" or anything yet?

2 to 10 after losing on the road? That doesn't seem crazy to me though I despise OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    2 to 10 after losing on the road? That doesn't seem crazy to me though I despise OSU.
    On the other hand, Purdue has home losses to Northwestern, E. Michigan and Mizzou. They've obviously been playing much better even before last Saturday, but you can't erase those losses. And the 29 point margin was Purdue's second largest of the season (only Illinois was more lopsided).

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    On the other hand, Purdue has home losses to Northwestern, E. Michigan and Mizzou. They've obviously been playing much better even before last Saturday, but you can't erase those losses. And the 29 point margin was Purdue's second largest of the season (only Illinois was more lopsided).
    Northwestern and Mizzou are both 8-9 win teams this year, those are excusable losses when the name on the front of your jersey says Purdue.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    It's probably me being biased because I hate Ohio State as well, not really sure why, probably jealous of program success, and how insufferable their fans were in the caf every saturday during football season at X, but man, I just love to see them lose. After looking at the polls, I'm actually comfortable with them, I didn't think they'd be at 10, I said that before, more of me thinking they were gonna be like 6-7, but a 8 spot drop seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Northwestern and Mizzou are both 8-9 win teams this year, those are excusable losses when the name on the front of your jersey says Purdue.
    True point, Northwestern was actually favored on the road against Purdue (Vegas line wise), and Mizzou was favored too I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly, so even though they were on the road, Vegas had faith in those two, Eastern Michigan isn't the best of beats however, Purdue isn't god awful by any means, but yeah definitely agree with that.

Supporting Member
    There is rumor I repeat rumor as of now around louisville, that petrino had pulled a meyer and covered up an asst. Coach's domestic abuse. Convenient now that Louisville is looking for any way to avoid paying his buy out. If true though...geezus another public image nightmare for louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    There is rumor I repeat rumor as of now around louisville, that petrino had pulled a meyer and covered up an asst. Coach's domestic abuse. Convenient now that Louisville is looking for any way to avoid paying his buy out. If true though...geezus another public image nightmare for louisville.
    Good God that school cannot catch a break huh? That would be interesting.. I mean TCU's in some hot water right now with the Turpin abuse stuff as well, but Louisville literally cannot handle any other bad news right now, the NCAA would be FORCED to come down, right?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Good God that school cannot catch a break huh? That would be interesting.. I mean TCU's in some hot water right now with the Turpin abuse stuff as well, but Louisville literally cannot handle any other bad news right now, the NCAA would be FORCED to come down, right?
    The rumors have died down for now...not sure if louisville squashed it, or if there was truly nothing there. This assistant coach though was dismissed from the team earlier this year due to a DUI and there is apparently a divorce filing happening later this week with him and his wife so if anything occurred, its going to come out eventually.