Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Technically, I think they text said she would have to tell him, not that she HAD told him.
    Correct, nothing implicates Meyer knew 100% as of yet. That's been his only saving grace.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I have a buddy who is a big OSU guy (I know, I should keep better company...) and he says for the first time ever the people upstairs - and the mood in general with many - is that they are tired of the problems associated with the program. They might rather spend some $$$ on the hospital (for example) than the headache of football. He also says Meyer spent two days on a fishing trip paid for by others, his 14 year old son was a disrespectful punk and at the end of the two days he tipped the captain a whopping $20. For TWO WHOLE DAYS. Hard to be “douchier” than that!
    Not surprised, 3 former players at Florida came out with stories of his psychological and physical abuse, which they didn't seem TOO bad from their descriptions, but still made it seem like Meyer was a douche. Stories like that confirm it.

After his statement today, I think Urban will survive by the skin of his teeth...assuming it's true. But if he farts too loud in the next few months, he gone.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 08-03-2018 at 06:14 PM.

So if I read Meyer’s statement correctly, he’s saying he notified the university in 2015. When the guy who first “broke” this story was looking into it, did he ask if anyone had notified tOSU, or did he take the easy way out like many “journalists” today and half-ass the reporting to get a more click-worthy story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    So if I read Meyer’s statement correctly, he’s saying he notified the university in 2015. When the guy who first “broke” this story was looking into it, did he ask if anyone had notified tOSU, or did he take the easy way out like many “journalists” today and half-ass the reporting to get a more click-worthy story.

Someone needs to stop letting anybody affiliated with Ohio State stop talking until they figure this out: McMurphy had this nuke for Smith: https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...00090578939904

Also in regards to Urban, so if he did know in 2015, didn't he already say he didn't know at Big 10 Media Days?? Now let's say he did know and he reported it, now the question comes, so you know you have someone that committed domestic violence, you kept him on your staff for 3 more years, and even if you told the higher ups, the higher ups now allowed for him to stay on staff for 3 years as well? The angle may change a little, but either way it's a bad look for Ohio State..

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...85725922455555

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/s...97699095916544

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

So Urban knew of incidents in 2009 and 2015 involving Zach Smith and left him on staff? He might of reported it properly (I doubt that) but he still failed miserably at being a head coach and doing what's right.

And the guy who first reported it works for no one. He was laid off from ESPN and posted it on his facebook page. Yeah these reports could get him a new job, but he isn't getting "clicks".

I’m not trying to defend Meyer. I really don’t care about OSU football, but have worked with enough obnoxious OSU football fans over the years that I enjoy it when the lose. I’m just wondering if the guy who reported it even tried to find out if it had been reported, since that would be a potentially key part of the story. If it was, and Meyer and the school did nothing, that’s an even bigger problem than if Meyer alone knew and did nothing.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

So OSU met all day to figure out how much BS they could spew out in a single presser.

Supporting Member
    I dont know how you "mishandle" domestic assault accusations and keep your job especially with a guy who has a very long history of covering things up. Mind blown....although it's one of the dirtiest programs in America so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I dont know how you "mishandle" domestic assault accusations and keep your job especially with a guy who has a very long history of covering things up. Mind blown....although it's one of the dirtiest programs in America so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

I don't have a dog in this fight. But I think this is overblown. This is the #metoo movement. I'm probably wrong. I'm old and stupid. Lying to the media shouldn't get you suspended. If so, our President should be suspended without pay for the unforseeeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight. But I think this is overblown. This is the #metoo movement. I'm probably wrong. I'm old and stupid. Lying to the media shouldn't get you suspended. If so, our President should be suspended without pay for the unforseeeable future.
    That's a small part of it. Zach Smith had issues/domestic violence situations with his wife on 2-3 occasions, a DUI, and had sex toys delivered to his place of employment (the last part isn't criminal, just funny) all while employed by Urban. I don't see how you keep a guy like that on staff regardless of Urban properly reporting it, which he didn't do by OSU's own admission.