Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Karma is a b and it is time for Meyer to finally face all the coverups during his florida career especially.

Supporting Member
    He did go to UC after all.

All-Conference
    He's not going to get fired.

Urban has lawyers, and they will pose a strong argument that he didn't know, or that no one told him. Because of this, there won't be enough evidence to fire him for cause. If they can't fire him for cause, that will require them to pay his contract for the next whatever years he's under contract if they fire him, which I imagine is over $20M.

They're not going to pay $20M for him to go away.

If cause is found, and it costs $2M for him to go away...then maybe.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    He's not going to get fired.

Urban has lawyers, and they will pose a strong argument that he didn't know, or that no one told him. Because of this, there won't be enough evidence to fire him for cause. If they can't fire him for cause, that will require them to pay his contract for the next whatever years he's under contract if they fire him, which I imagine is over $20M.

They're not going to pay $20M for him to go away.

If cause is found, and it costs $2M for him to go away...then maybe.
    If this was 10 year ago, I'd agree but the world has changed. In my opinion, I think hes gone and he should be. The guy is a complete fraud with a.holier than thou attitude...pos.

Is this really a shocker considering what went on at Florida when he was there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, I still don't think it's a fore-gone conclusion he's fired, they're going to need evidence that he knew, so unless McMurphy is sitting on a bomb waiting for the right time (I don't think he is, considering all of the things he's already presented) Urban could still be safe. Which, he is a grade A piece of shit, but innocent until proven guilty is a thing.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    The thing is, I still don't think it's a fore-gone conclusion he's fired, they're going to need evidence that he knew, so unless McMurphy is sitting on a bomb waiting for the right time (I don't think he is, considering all of the things he's already presented) Urban could still be safe. Which, he is a grade A piece of shit, but innocent until proven guilty is a thing.
    Maybe..Pitino was never proven to have known anything but it just got to be too much. Could be the same here. Of course in Pitinos case, it did take 3 incidents so you may be right.

I'm not sure how strong it is as "evidence," but don't they have text messages that indicate Meyer's wife told the abused wife she had talked to him about it?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I'm not sure how strong it is as "evidence," but don't they have text messages that indicate Meyer's wife told the abused wife she had talked to him about it?
    Technically, I think they text said she would have to tell him, not that she HAD told him.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Lmfao okay fair point, Meyer is dirty, and douchey, but don't tell Ohio State fans that, they think he's the most holy saint like person in the world. Lane Kiffin might be douchier (is that even a word?) but at least he's funny when he does it, Urban just gives off this "I'm holier than thou" vibe while he's still miles behind Nick Saban.
    I have a buddy who is a big OSU guy (I know, I should keep better company...) and he says for the first time ever the people upstairs - and the mood in general with many - is that they are tired of the problems associated with the program. They might rather spend some $$$ on the hospital (for example) than the headache of football. He also says Meyer spent two days on a fishing trip paid for by others, his 14 year old son was a disrespectful punk and at the end of the two days he tipped the captain a whopping $20. For TWO WHOLE DAYS. Hard to be “douchier” than that!