Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Really?? You're an ACC fan though right?? Like I could kind of see it. There's definitely a lot of bag men running around those programs, Dabo has done well to kind of paint this persona of "I'm just a good ole boy" when he's kind of a dick. A lot of people are annoyed with Bama, but honestly, I don't mind Bama. It sucks that they don't look to be slowing down any time soon, and what Saban has built, and though Saban most likely cheats as well, I kind of like his persona more than Dabo, because he doesn't try to cover it up, he doesn't care what you think about him, and he's going to do what he needs to do to win games. Georgia, I just can't really hate Kirby Smart, there's just not enough out there from him for me to hate. So I think you're right, now that I think about it, Clemson would be the one out of the three I'd be most annoyed with. Granted, I'm very jealous how different our programs have gone from that meeting in the Orange Bowl, but I'm very happy we put 70 up on em.

It warms my heart as a native to hear you had a good time, trust me, the state has a lot of problems, coal isn't coming back, and the heroin rates are incredibly bad, but I'll love it non the less. It gets a lot of negative stigma, and is easily the butt of a lot of jokes. West Virginians love people that come to visit with an open mind, and will do our damnest to take care of anybody that needs our help. A game day in Morgantown is a beautiful time, since moving to the Big 12, opponents have had nothing but nice things to say (we just really don't like our old Big East rivals hahaha), I lived on good ole' I-77 an hour from Bluefield in Beckley, seriously glad you had a positive experience, hopefully more of those will help take some of the negative thoughts of the place away, because it's damn gorgeous if you're an outdoorsy type of person, and the people are genuinely great.
    Not really an acc fan...my wife is a ul fan and since we live here, we have tickets but I could care less. I gre up in Mizzou country and both my parents went there, so that's my football team.

Anyhow, I agree with your assessments of georgia and alabama. Nick saban doesnt give a crap what people think and I admire that in a way. I think the flack he got for that "confrontation" with Maria Taylor was ridiculous. I think the media got their panties in a wad because he called them out.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    ND looked like a smart team yesterday.....Hate when they play like that.

UK...Awesome. Still trying to decide which couch needs to be burned, er properly disposed of.
    Yep - Florida finally ran out of miracle finishes against Kentucky in the gridiron. Broke a 31-game losing streak against the Gators and their first win in the Swamp since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Not really an acc fan...my wife is a ul fan and since we live here, we have tickets but I could care less. I gre up in Mizzou country and both my parents went there, so that's my football team.

Anyhow, I agree with your assessments of georgia and alabama. Nick saban doesnt give a crap what people think and I admire that in a way. I think the flack he got for that "confrontation" with Maria Taylor was ridiculous. I think the media got their panties in a wad because he called them out.
    Ahhh okay, gotcha now, no idea how I missed that Mizzou part, I swear I knew that lmfao.

That was the biggest non-issue ever, and was blown out of proportion. I know that she was just doing her job, but he's answered that question in every possible way it's worded, and for however you feel about him, I gotta say I like that Saban didn't just throw Hurts under the bus there. Obviously a transfer is imminent, with his plans to redshirt this year (where do you think he'll go by the way, he's from Texas, think Herman tries to get him to UT to try to jump start things even with a decent QB situation there right now?? They've been looking for Colt McCoy 2.0 for a while now, and while Hurts isn't the best passer, he's still pretty dynamic with his feet), but I like the way Saban handled it, even if it came off.. "dickish"

I don't think Hurts is planning to redshirt. He's already played in each of the first two games. I think he'll play in three more.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I don't think Hurts is planning to redshirt. He's already played in each of the first two games. I think he'll play in three more.
    I just read on a bunch of places that the plan for him is to redshirt to save eligibility unless Tua gets injured. They may bring in the 3rd string in mop up duty from now on.

Hurts isn't just playing in mop-up duty, though. Hurts was in pretty early in the second quarter against Louisville. Even though it seems obvious who the #1 guy should be, Saban hasn't committed to that being Tua yet (at least publicly).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Hurts isn't just playing in mop-up duty, though. Hurts was in pretty early in the second quarter against Louisville. Even though it seems obvious who the #1 guy should be, Saban hasn't committed to that being Tua yet (at least publicly).
    Hmm okay so it seems to be rumor posting right now, I didn't watch the Arkansas State game, but I did see him in the second quarter against Louisville, I didn't know if this was something they decided on like recently after the Arkansas State game or not. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, because even though Hurts lacks passing ability, he is pretty damn dynamic and fun to watch.

You are allowed 4 games, any four games to play in and still keep your redshirt.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Hurts played extensively again yesterday, so he can only play in one more if he truly plans to redshirt.

This just in: per Herbstreit's expert analysis on Gameday: "In the Big 12, it's not always about how may yards you make but how many points you score"

I haven't even turned on ESPN for a very very long time, generally avoid it like Brillo-pads for toilet paper, not sure why I did this morning....

Now that I know the level of sports knowledge that I have been missing out on, I'm afraid to ever turn it off again!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.