Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I'd be shocked if he never coaches again. I agree with others- USC is a likely destination and ND is shortly behind.
Wasn't the deal to Notre Dame basically as good as done before he ended up at Florida? I vaguely remember something like that, but I could see ND being a spot he goes to if he decides to coach again, would just depend on what happens with Brian Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
As an aside, Debo Samuel (the Gamecocks best player and likely good draft pick) has opted out of the bowl game (assumedly to avoid injury).

Wonder how wide spread this is.
Debo Samuel is a beast, I think he'll translate well at the next level. As for the second question, it's becoming more and more common. I'm sure out of WVU, where it's a disappointing bowl after being so close to a conference championship, Will Grier will sit, Yodney Cajuste (projected 1st round) will sit, and maybe a couple on defense. It seems if you aren't really in a NY6 bowl, or something worth meaningful, players sit. And I don't really blame them for that, secure your money, the stuff like what happened to Mackenzie Milton can happen in a flash.