Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    If we don't finish in the top 100, this board will be in shambles.
    Did Jay Bilas vote on this? Let’s all race to our pitchforks!

And if he didn’t....well, let’s all race to our pitchforks! I just want to see someone poke that arrogant Dookie.

If we don't finish in the top 100, this board will be in shambles.
    Oh yeah, definitely lol. In the two worst years in recent memory (2013 and 2005), Xavier was ranked 78th and 81st, respectively, in Kenpom. Those years sucked, yet the teams were well within the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Did Jay Bilas vote on this? Let’s all race to our pitchforks!

And if he didn’t....well, let’s all race to our pitchforks! I just want to see someone poke that arrogant Dookie.
    Now-now. Let's be completely fair here about JB.

He is also a pompous, condescending, self-absorbed, narcissistic, obscenely-biased blowhard.

Ok, not going to be a good PRESEASON for X in any national rankings. Big deal. This year will be all about BE play. This conference is going to be crazy! With a depleted Nova, the parity from top to bottom is the best it's been since we arrived. I would not be surprised to see SJU, GU or PC win it AND the reality is, X will be as good as any of those 3! I don't see expectations for this season any different than they were after the FSU game, just replace Gates with Welage. With CS hired from within the system, the coaching change will be seamless. I put the o/u at 22 wins.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 07-31-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Highly doubt that..

we have a first year head coache, not a good recruiting class coming in for us, and probably dock points on the experience of the roster due to them being transfers, not even remotely surprised we didn't crack the top 100. It won't have any reflection on us as a team, I think we'll be fine, it's a rebuilding type of year, and working out the kinks with Steele in which our roster still has potential if everything comes together well.
    Dayton is in the top 100 with an unproven 2nd year coach, and a roster both less talented and less experienced than ours. ESPN sucks, period.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Dayton doesn't have an unproven second year coach. They've got a coach with about 10 years of experience whose proven to be kinda shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Dayton doesn't have an unproven second year coach. They've got a coach with about 10 years of experience whose proven to be kinda shitty.
    Fits in with their program in general..

Sophomore
    I agree on the Big East and every game will be up for grabs. We have been spoiled with our great team (who sadly had feet of clay at season's end) but now we have largely a blank slate. I am optimistic about Hankins, Welage, Castin and the incoming class. As a non baseball fan and mediocre football fan(2 girls will pull you away) I can't wait for basketball again.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    Does this mean we’re going to sneak up on people again?!
    Yup. Put your errrrr, sneakers on.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Ok, not going to be a good PRESEASON for X in any national rankings. Big deal. This year will be all about BE play. This conference is going to be crazy! With a depleted Nova, the parity from top to bottom is the best it's been since we arrived. I would not be surprised to see SJU, GU or PC win it AND the reality is, X will be as good as any of those 3! I don't see expectations for this season any different than they were after the FSU game, just replace Gates with Welage. With CS hired from within the system, the coaching change will be seamless. I put the o/u at 22 wins.
    I wouldn't necessarily use "depleted" as the adjective to describe Nova. Yes they lost some big time contributors with incredible experience on their roster, they secured a monster class in Quinnerly (5*), Swider (who we went after hard), Slater who were all basically top 50 recruits, and then got Saddiq Bey who we were after hard as well recently. Pascall, Boothe, Gillespie and Roundtree will bring back some decent experience as well and can contribute. I think Nova rightfully will be ranked #1 for pre-season Big East, and we gotta prove we can beat em first.