Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Being .500 in the league has worked out well for us...

The last two produced an Elite 8 and Sweet 16.

From Katz' article:

There is no Power Five in college basketball. The Big East (and the AAC) have blown that up
    That maybe true, but the AAC hasn't blown anything up. In the 5 years since the formation, the A10 leads the AAC in NCAA bids 18-15.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

X will surprise our BE friends, as usual.
    2023 Sweet 16

I agree on the overall success (or lack there of) from AAC conference. Maybe he was referring to UConn’s championship in 2014? Possibly giving Katz too much credit... One could say the BE and AAC won 3 of the last 5 championships.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I agree on the overall success (or lack there of) from AAC conference. Maybe he was referring to UConn’s championship in 2014? Possibly giving Katz too much credit... One could say the BE and AAC won 3 of the last 5 championships.
    I think it's a mixture of giving over credit, name recognition of sUCks, Wichita State, and then thinking traditionally good programs like UCONN and Memphis will be back to glory under new coaches. Memphis has a lot of potential with Penny Hardaway due to him being a stand out in the NBA, not to mention he has Mike "Meth" Miller on staff who won a few rings with LeBron, I'm sure he'll be able to recruit well especially with his connections in the AAU circuit (see James Wiseman), and UCONN should be optimistic with Hurley taking over, as he won 113 games in 6 years at Rhode Island, the north east is his stomping grounds, so he knows the area well, and UCONN has tradition/prestige, etc.

As of this day, yes the AAC has underperformed and has not been a good conference, but if those 4 teams are all good at once, then I could see his argument being made that they belong in the same conversation, but to be honest, as of right now, they don't.

Yeah UCONN winning it all carries a lot of water. I view the current AAC as stronger teams over the A10. It doesn't really matter that much though, so why cry that he brought them up? Both conferences are in positions where they don't get well scheduled as much as they should.

The AAC is heading in a strong direction, just like the Big East.

I'm actually concerned that parity in the Big East is going to hurt in the long run like it did in the A10. That's why strong non-conference matchups are so important.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    From Katz' article:

That maybe true, but the AAC hasn't blown anything up. In the 5 years since the formation, the A10 leads the AAC in NCAA bids 18-15.
    The Big East has had 28 bids in that time.

ACC: 37
    B1G: 30
    B12: 34
    SEC: 24

Obviously, all conferences but the Big 12 have more members than the Big East. The ACC has 15 teams (14 in the first year), the Big 10 has 14 teams, and the SEC has 14 teams.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    The Big East has had 28 bids in that time.

ACC: 37
    B1G: 30
    B12: 34
    SEC: 24

Obviously, all conferences but the Big 12 have more members than the Big East. The ACC has 15 teams (14 in the first year), the Big 10 has 14 teams, and the SEC has 14 teams.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I thought we were the second best conference last year, with the Big 12 slightly edging us out, and the ACC a close third. I think the Big East has established themselves as a powerful conference, especially with Nova going on those two championship winning runs in the tournament. I think we have some damn good coaching as well, and should be here to stay for a while. Unfortunately, I think this will be a down year for the conference, but 28 bids with less members is nothing to scoff at, Fox Sports is probably pumped they got the Big East contract when they could, not to mention they cover a decent amount of Big 12 games too, since football is affiliated with them.