Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    This, from 247Sports reporting on the NBPA Top 100 camp:

"Dwon Odom excelled on the second day of NBPA Top 100 Camp. In two games, Odom was 15-for-28 from the field, scoring 33 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and tossing out six assists. An early pledge to Xavier, Odom showed off an aggressive style of play. He’s quick and an impressive athlete that impacts the game in transition and in the half court. Odom can certainly score, but he has good vision and can distribute as well. Through the first full day of action, Odom is third in scoring for the camp.

Recruiting: Committed to Xavier"
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

http://top100camp.com/stats/

Wow, we may have the best pure high school PG in the country arriving on campus this time next year. Very excited to see if he can continue to put up these crazy numbers for the remaining games but man, he has to work on his FT%.

He’s playing for the Bulls and they are currently 1-2, so most likely they won’t get very deep in tomorrow’s tournament.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    This, from 247Sports reporting on the NBPA Top 100 camp:

"Dwon Odom excelled on the second day of NBPA Top 100 Camp. In two games, Odom was 15-for-28 from the field, scoring 33 points, grabbing 10 rebounds and tossing out six assists. An early pledge to Xavier, Odom showed off an aggressive style of play. He’s quick and an impressive athlete that impacts the game in transition and in the half court. Odom can certainly score, but he has good vision and can distribute as well. Through the first full day of action, Odom is third in scoring for the camp.

10 rebounds is what sticks out to me, sounds like he has good awareness, wonder how much of a shooting threat he can become, to be honest that description reminds me a lot of Semaj, incredibly athletic, could get the rim and score, also thought he was a solid point guard. I like that he has good vision and distributing skills, especially with the other weapons we're in on in the 2020 class, and not to mention this 2019 class, I'm giddy at the thought of Odom's pure athletic ability with Tandy, and shooters like Wilcher and Bishop to be honest.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    More on Odom at the NBPA Top 100 Camp from 247Sports:

"Dwon Odom, PG, 2020

With his combination of strength, and explosion off the bounce, Dwon Odom drove to the bucket at will and finished was the leading scorer at the camp with 16.5 points per game. The 6-foot-1 Odom showed off his big time athleticism and elite speed. He is especially dangerous in transition, but he is also comfortable in the halfcourt. Odom has pretty good feel for the game, elite athleticism, and a motor that never stops. He only made one three point jumper, so that was the problem for him at the camp, but the reality is no one could stay in front of him, and Odom was consistently the best guard on the court all week long.

This is from an article on the top 10 performers at the camp.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Yeah, in his 2 games yesterday he scored 33 pts and dished out 8 assists. Let’s keep in mind that this is against what the NBPA considers the top 100 HS guys in the country, all trying to make an impression on the NBA types that organize this event.

What’s unique about Odom is that his entire 2018-19 HS stats are available on Maxpreps, there are the stats for the 15 games played on the Adidas circuit I posted earlier and now the NBPA numbers. That’s over 50 games worth of info. I can’t find anything close to that on any of our incoming guys, so you have a very detailed scouting report.

There is a very distinct and somewhat predictable pattern to Odom’s game. He rarely scores in single digits, finds his teammates at an elite level and is active on the boards and also defensively because his steals rate is high. You can also see that he doesn’t look to take many 3’s because his % is not good and he knows it. Not a consistent FT shooter either. What we have here is a physically gifted “old school baller” that loves to slash the paint and can quarterback a team with confidence and lead by example. Sorry to gush but he is just very impressive.

Dwon finished off the event with another impressive scoring number that included 8-8 from the line, so potentially he could become a solid FT shooter by the time he gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Dwon finished off the event with another impressive scoring number that included 8-8 from the line, so potentially he could become a solid FT shooter by the time he gets here.
    Tu Holloway sent him an inspirational tweet so now he will make free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Tu Holloway sent him an inspirational tweet so now he will make free throws.
    Well, he may need a bigger, sturdier jock.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Well, he may need a bigger, sturdier jock.
    Dwon Odom, Balls of Steele Tu?? Okay I'll see myself out after that.

for those of you that don't read the recruiting sites on a regular basis, these are the comments by 24/7 and Rivals after the NBPA Top 100 Camp....

24/7

"With his combination of strength, and explosion off the bounce, Dwon Odom drove to the basket at will and finished was the leading scorer at the camp with 16.5 points per game. The 6-foot-1 Odom showed off his big time athleticism and elite speed. He is especially dangerous in transition, but is also comfortable in the halfcourt. Odom has pretty good feel for the game, elite athleticism, and a motor that never stops. he only made one three point jumper, so that was the problem for him at the camp, but the reality is no one could stay in front of him, and Odom was consistently the best guard on the court all week long."

Rivals

Dwon Odom's commitment to Xavier nearly a year ago didn't make much of a commotion but it should have because he is going to be a major reason why the Musketeers will compete for Big east titles in the coming years. Built to compete, Odom is a downhill assassin. He finished among the leaders in scoring and field goals made and is just the type of blue-collar guard that Xavier fans will come to love." (by the way they have him listed at 6'3" and 180lbs)