Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

#38 in his class? Yes, please. Hope we can hold that commitment for 2 years!

Yep and also hope that this may encourage Samari Curtis to re-up.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yep and also hope that this may encourage Samari Curtis to re-up.
    How would this encourage a re-up from Samari?
    zip em up

Big time commitment! Congrats to Coach Steele and Coach Hays.

Xavier lands potential difference maker Dwon Odom

Dwon Odom

Under Travis Steele’s leadership, Xavier’s basketball program has made it pretty clear that the state of Georgia is going to be a priority for the Musketeers. Back in May, they received their first 2019 commitment from Elias King out of Georgia. Today, they went back to the Peach State for more with a commitment from Dwon Odom.
    The four-star point guard has had a great summer for the Atlanta Celtics 16-under team. At 6-foot-3 with a strong build, he’s one of the more explosive athletes around as well as one of the better passers. In transition, he’s about as good as it gets in the 2020 class. His perimeter stroke is still a work in progress, but he’s definitely improved in that area.
    Xavier had Odom on campus for an unofficial visit during June, and that visit helped the new coaching staff seal the deal with the Georgia native.
    “Everything was good. I saw the entire campus,” Odom said. “They showed their gym. Me and coach Travis Steele went over their playing style and watched film. I enjoyed everything they have to offer. I have a very close relationship with coach (Jonas) Hayes. He’s a funny guy. He calls me or texts me every day.”

Looks like Coach Hayes is killing it in GA
    2023 Sweet 16

We're going to need Coach Hayes to hold off on getting a head coaching job for at least a couple of years!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Xavier lands potential difference maker Dwon Odom

Dwon Odom

Under Travis Steele’s leadership, Xavier’s basketball program has made it pretty clear that the state of Georgia is going to be a priority for the Musketeers. Back in May, they received their first 2019 commitment from Elias King out of Georgia. Today, they went back to the Peach State for more with a commitment from Dwon Odom.
    The four-star point guard has had a great summer for the Atlanta Celtics 16-under team. At 6-foot-3 with a strong build, he’s one of the more explosive athletes around as well as one of the better passers. In transition, he’s about as good as it gets in the 2020 class. His perimeter stroke is still a work in progress, but he’s definitely improved in that area.
    Xavier had Odom on campus for an unofficial visit during June, and that visit helped the new coaching staff seal the deal with the Georgia native.
    “Everything was good. I saw the entire campus,” Odom said. “They showed their gym. Me and coach Travis Steele went over their playing style and watched film. I enjoyed everything they have to offer. I have a very close relationship with coach (Jonas) Hayes. He’s a funny guy. He calls me or texts me every day.”

Looks like Coach Hayes is killing it in GA
    FYI, it is HIGHLY frowned upon to copy and paste premium content from the 247 board.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We're going to need Coach Hayes to hold off on getting a head coaching job for at least a couple of years!
    Honestly yes on Coach Hayes, especially if we can keep this commitment until 2020. The kid has a lot of game, can score big time, 6'3 so continuing on the trend of getting relatively lengthy guard's as well. He has opened up Georgia to us, and has started attracting some damn good talent. He's definitely going to be looked at for the HC gig sooner than later, but hopefully we can reap the benefits for as long as possible.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    FYI, it is HIGHLY frowned upon to copy and paste premium content from the 247 board.
    Actually this is non-premium content from the Rivals board.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)