Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cinskyline View Post
    I'm pretty shocked by this. I always thought that Kevin McGuff was the driving force for Cintas getting the NCAA's back in 2010 and 2011, seeing the tremendous talent that his teams had, and the likely-hood of that his teams would go deep in the NCAA's.

The program hasn't been remotely competitive since.

Unless you know your program has got a good chance of making the NCAA's, it seems kind of pointless to host these games. If your team doesn't make it, you end up hosting an event that is likely to be poorly attended. Unfortunately, this is the reality of the women's game when the host team isn't in it.

So I'm wondering what's up with this news. This is the last piece of news I expected coming from Cintas Center today.
    We can thank the Cincinnati USA Sports Commission for pushing the process to land events like this in Cincinnati. They are the team, along with the CVB, that is working to land large event tourism events in Cincinnati, including pushing for things like getting the men's NCAAs and the republican convention at US Bank Arena and large youth soccer tournaments up in VOA Park area. I am unclear on how they make their money or who even pays them, but they are frequently working with venues and groups to submit paperwork and lobbying for the region. I'd imagine Xavier was just one part of this effort.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    We can thank the Cincinnati USA Sports Commission for pushing the process to land events like this in Cincinnati. They are the team, along with the CVB, that is working to land large event tourism events in Cincinnati, including pushing for things like getting the men's NCAAs and the republican convention at US Bank Arena and large youth soccer tournaments up in VOA Park area. I am unclear on how they make their money or who even pays them, but they are frequently working with venues and groups to submit paperwork and lobbying for the region. I'd imagine Xavier was just one part of this effort.
    The Cincinnati USA Sports Commission also played a significant role in North America's winning bid for the 2026 World Cup, which is why Cincinnati is likely to host some games.
    I believe the Sports Commission is related to the Cincinnati USA Chamber of Commerce, so I would guess the Chamber provides the funding. Ohio has also changed some limits and started a fund to attract major sporting events, which has helped fund some of these efforts.

House Bill 531: http://www.ohiohouse.gov/republicans...s-out-of-house

Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    The Cincinnati USA Sports Commission also played a significant role in North America's winning bid for the 2026 World Cup, which is why Cincinnati is likely to host some games.
    I believe the Sports Commission is related to the Cincinnati USA Chamber of Commerce, so I would guess the Chamber provides the funding. Ohio has also changed some limits and started a fund to attract major sporting events, which has helped fund some of these efforts.

House Bill 531: http://www.ohiohouse.gov/republicans...s-out-of-house
    Huh, I didn't know the bit about the World Cup, that'd 100% be where I'd want to watch a game, though I doubt US would play there, I'm sure they'd market to one of the bigger metropolitan areas. It's good to see that Cincinnati has a competent Sports Commission, considering all of the extra revenue things like this could bring in to the city in general. May not have lived there my whole life, but definitely loved everything about it.