Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Thanks to all..I will have a good time regardless and look forward to absorbing all the Xavier and Cincinnati experience as my wife will be home and I will be very mobile and flexible. To top it off, a 7 PM Megabus to NYC on Sat with an 11 AM arrival and train to Conn. An adventure most 63 year olds dont get and cheap too.

You could luck out and meet Snipe. He does the Megabus deal.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    part of the initial logic for Xavier was Megabus and of course my oldest agreed..then never did it. Probably not a "girl thing". I can handle anything once.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Thanks to all..I will have a good time regardless and look forward to absorbing all the Xavier and Cincinnati experience as my wife will be home and I will be very mobile and flexible. To top it off, a 7 PM Megabus to NYC on Sat with an 11 AM arrival and train to Conn. An adventure most 63 year olds dont get and cheap too.
    Metro North Bar Car. You sneaky devil you.
    X A V I E R

Dash, we need to meet and drink at BJ's again.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Haha I had a lot of friends take the Megabus, they usually just took an Advil PM and let it run it's course for majority of the trip. Good luck catching a practice! that'd be pretty awesome and a cool experience, be sure to update us on whatever the hell happens

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Paul, i'm seriously looking forward to it. Really enjoyed meeting you the first time around.

I will message you the next time I am set to go back to Cincinnati.

I imagine BJ won't mind us dropping in, though we had better consider coordinating on a wedding gift for the "young" lad!
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    They usually post those team workout pictures in the morning or early afternoon, so I'd suggest somewhere in that range there's a good chance they'll be around the arena. All the coaches are recruiting, so they might not be having a practice until they get back, but I'm sure they probably still shoot around and get workouts in.

Suggest you try to visit on the up-and-up. Contact the AFO contacts (Seth Breitenstein or Alicia Lawrence) or an alumni contact, Brian Maley, or even the AD, Greg Christopher. I agree wandering in Cintas for 10 or 20 minutes as an alum, partially looking lost after finding an open door, looking onto the court won't get you into trouble. However, practices are serious ... my understanding is that if you sit still the whole practice and cause absolutely zero distraction, you might be allowed to do that. Generally, that's probably not allowed and generally that's not what you want to do. With the contacts I mention, they may be willing to give you a tour of Cintas that might be more enjoyable than the "sit on your hands, don't move for 2 hours" practice. I've been around Cintas when practice is going on and it's kind of like, do your part to respect the work that the coaches and players are doing. For instance, often, they'll even close the curtains in the meeting rooms high above the court so there are distracting fans at the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Paul, i'm seriously looking forward to it. Really enjoyed meeting you the first time around.

I will message you the next time I am set to go back to Cincinnati.

I imagine BJ won't mind us dropping in, though we had better consider coordinating on a wedding gift for the "young" lad!
    It absolutely makes my day/night when either of you guys show up unannounced let alone planned!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens