Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hub webcam

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    There are times I wish I had a map to get my bearings. The passing of years is one thing, but it’s crazy with all they have done. I find myself looking for a landmark....
    Don't you have a beacon/homing signal set for http://www.danagardens.com/?
    X A V I E R

Awe yes...the old days. When I took my daughter for a visit 3 years ago, had to point out the following-

1) parked at Cintas Center when I attended (before Cintas was there - think my spot was close to section 102)
    2) Village apartments were new and thought they were the 8th wonder of the world
    3) UStation and all for one shop was where the BASF plant was and had an explosion during my Senior year (had to look up actual year and apparently there has been numerous BASF explosions at different locations throughout the years)
    4) Williams school of Business is now the smallest building on campus and not even the school of business anymore...
    5) The one constant! Dana’s- funny story- my Quantitative Analysis professor took us to Dana’s and had us do beer tasting analysis. Blind folded, we had to guess which beer we were drinking and had the class keep track of correct and wrong answers. Hardest class I had at X!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Awe yes...the old days. When I took my daughter for a visit 3 years ago, had to point out the following-

1) parked at Cintas Center when I attended (before Cintas was there - think my spot was close to section 102)
    2) Village apartments were new and thought they were the 8th wonder of the world
    3) UStation and all for one shop was where the BASF plant was and had an explosion during my Senior year (had to look up actual year and apparently there has been numerous BASF explosions at different locations throughout the years)
    4) Williams school of Business is now the smallest building on campus and not even the school of business anymore...
    5) The one constant! Dana’s- funny story- my Quantitative Analysis professor took us to Dana’s and had us do beer tasting analysis. Blind folded, we had to guess which beer we were drinking and had the class keep track of correct and wrong answers. Hardest class I had at X!
    Was extra credit available for #5?

One of the weirdest experiences for my Dad was moving me in freshman year. I happened to live on the same floor on which he was an RA in the 60s. He (and I now that I’m getting older) are amazed by X’s transformation.

There’s always been one constant tho like baseball in America....Dana’s

People will come BJ...

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

One of the weirdest experiences for my Dad was moving me in freshman year. I happened to live on the same floor on which he was an RA in the 60s. He (and I now that I’m getting older) are amazed by X’s transformation.

People will come BJ...
    Wish I got extra credit because it would have pushed me up to an “A”

Before people start screaming - it was voluntary and after class...

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

People will come BJ...
    So cool with the legacy!!! He probably had a chance to watch X football!

My daughter did choose X which surprised the heck out of me because she normally follows her Mom who is a UD grad...our relationship has improved since X moved to Big East :)

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    For those of you who are out of town and for those of you who are local, but still don't make it to campus much:

https://webcam2.xavier.edu/#view
    Looks rainy there right now!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Looks rainy there right now!
    Those are tears because Dana’s isn’t open yet....

There should be webcams at Dana's.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There should be webcams at Dana's.
    Ha! Could you imagine.

How about adding speakers in the ceiling so we alumni could comment on different things through booming voices from above.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    there should be webcams at dana's.

NO there shouldn't!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens