Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hub webcam

Hub webcam

For those of you who are out of town and for those of you who are local, but still don't make it to campus much:

https://webcam2.xavier.edu/#view
    X A V I E R

That's pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

What are we building now?

Freshman
    Awesome, thank you for sharing! GoMuskies -- I think that's the new health and student rec center going up. Webcam1 shows the new chapel at the Dana Ave end of the academic mall. Lots of exciting stuff happening on campus!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That's pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

What are we building now?
    My pleasure.

IMHO, the HUB will be a game changer for Xavier with respect to recruiting. The one area where we've been weak on the facilities side is with the student rec piece. Allow me to make my point by noting that O'Conner was completed in my Junior year - - shall we say that, just like me, it's a tad dated. Not only are they addressing the student rec facility need with this building, but they're making it into a holistic wellness deal that will also support classroom instruction for some programs. It's going to be BIG - literally - and it will be impressive. It's being touted as the first of its kind at a university. They've partnered with Tri-Health on it.

Once this puppy is up and running, look for Greg to takeover the O'Conner Sports Center for some of the Olympic Sports Programs. That may or may not involve a major announcement about Schmidt Fieldhouse.

In the meantime, the other webcam that is up is on the chapel as shared earlier.

And another pleasant surprise is that they've completely bulldozed all the houses on the south side of Dana that were across from Schott, with the idea that they continue to establish the overall campus into a parklike setting. Other existing plant maintenance projects are taking place as well, but the ones noted here lead the show, with the HUB being the star of the show.
    Last edited by xudash; 07-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    X A V I E R

The circling plane trailing the 'Chris Mack Has No Integrity' banner is a nice touch.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My pleasure.

IMHO, the HUB will be a game changer for Xavier with respect to recruiting. The one area where we've been weak on the facilities side is with the student rec piece. Allow me to make my point by noting that O'Conner was completed in my Junior year - - shall we say that, just like me, it's a tad dated. Not only are they addressing the student rec facility need with this building, but they're making it into a holistic wellness deal that will also support classroom instruction for some programs. It's going to be BIG - literally - and it will be impressive. It's being touted as the first of its kind at a university. They've partnered with Tri-Health on it.

Once this puppy is up and running, look for Greg to takeover the O'Conner Sports Center for some of the Olympic Sports Programs. That may or may not involve a major announcement about Schmidt Fieldhouse.

In the meantime, the other webcam that is up is on the chapel as shared earlier.

And another pleasant surprise is that they've completely bulldozed all the houses on the south side of Dana that were across from Schott, with the idea that they continue to establish the overall campus into a parklike setting. Other existing plant maintenance projects are taking place as well, but the ones noted here lead the show, with the HUB being the star of the show.
    I think everyone has been on a campus tour where the tour guide tries to keep the group as far away from O'Conner as possible. Great addition.

I only get back once a year, but they manage to stun me every year with all they are doing to that school I used to know. What a great addition and a connection to the other new stuff along Cleneay and Montgomery.

I've been on campus once since 1995. You might as well have put a webcam on Mars and told me it was campus. Woudl love to see what has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I've been on campus once since 1995. You might as well have put a webcam on Mars and told me it was campus. Woudl love to see what has been done.
    I believe it's safe to say you would be stunned if you haven't been back since '95. I'm not using that word lightly either.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    There are times I wish I had a map to get my bearings. The passing of years is one thing, but it’s crazy with all they have done. I find myself looking for a landmark....