Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UL Pointing the Morality Finger at the NCAA

X A V I E R

It's actually a lawyer from an ambulance chasing firm hired by some former Louisville players.

Can’t we just declare them BOTH morally bankrupt and call it a tie?

Dear Lord this is dumb, I mean the whole premise of vacating wins is stupid, but both parties are pretty damn bad. Neither should be pointing fingers, own up to mistakes, and clean it up. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Dear Lord this is dumb, I mean the whole premise of vacating wins is stupid, but both parties are pretty damn bad. Neither should be pointing fingers, own up to mistakes, and clean it up. Sheesh.
    Did you forget what country you live in? 'Muricans don't own mistakes or make things right, we double down on doings things wrong. Yes this is both political and a personal statement. I see this way too much, the NCAA and Louisville basketball are glowingly prime examples.

I kind of hope the NCAA loses. Not sure what a better punishment for schools should be, but hitting the students who put in the work seems pretty silly.

Supporting Member
    Just fyi, UL is not involved in this suit, it was brought by some members of the championship team that were not involved in the dorm room boom boom.

Though I believe that overall the lawsuit is ridiculous, I am somewhat sympathetic to the players (Luke Hancock mostly; due to him having the MVP taken away from him) who had no involvement in the sanctions that were handed down. However, I am also reminded of the fact that you win as a team, and you lose as a team.

With that said, F the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Did you forget what country you live in? 'Muricans don't own mistakes or make things right, we double down on doings things wrong. Yes this is both political and a personal statement. I see this way too much, the NCAA and Louisville basketball are glowingly prime examples.
    I mean unfortunately you are right, there's not a lot of people that own up to mistakes these days, granted this was more of blatant cheating, and moral compass more than anything but I digress. The NCAA and Louisville are both in the wrong, and it's painfully obvious that something needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Just fyi, UL is not involved in this suit, it was brought by some members of the championship team that were not involved in the dorm room boom boom.

Though I believe that overall the lawsuit is ridiculous, I am somewhat sympathetic to the players (Luke Hancock mostly; due to him having the MVP taken away from him) who had no involvement in the sanctions that were handed down. However, I am also reminded of the fact that you win as a team, and you lose as a team.

With that said, F the NCAA.
    Reasons why I think vacating wins are dumb. I'm not going to forget that Louisville won that championship regardless of what the NCAA says. That's like the stupidest slap on the wrist, if you want to do something about it, take away scholarships, give post-season bans, don't vacate wins. That literally does nothing in the grand scheme of things other than what? A few records get thrown out. The NCAA might be the most poorly run organization I've ever seen, and I honestly feel it's like that South Park skit where the writers of Family Guy are a bunch of manatees that just pick a ball and string 3 together to make a joke, however in their case with punishments.

Maybe rather than take away wins, they aught to just not allow the school to compete for a time, period. That loss of revenue will make them police their actions a whole lot more.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Maybe rather than take away wins, they aught to just not allow the school to compete for a time, period. That loss of revenue will make them police their actions a whole lot more.
    Aka Death Penalty....I bet if UL got it, others would finally clean up their act, at least for awhile.