Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I heard Calipari on the radio a couple of days ago. He really is an engaging speaker and gives great interviews, no matter how crooked he may be. I thought that he made one really really good point....

The subject of agents came up, and specifically the idea that kids should be allowed access to agents at a much earlier point, even while in HS. His question related to that was.....”if that happens, so now I (and other coaches) have to start recruiting AGENTS? It’s hard enough just working with the kids and their parents. Now you want us to start having to deal with agents?”

This brings up the point that no matter how much the NCAA does, no matter how many rules they put into place, the MONEY that is involved with college athletics at the level of a UL, KY, Duke, NC, OSU, etc. is going to push certain people to find ways around those rules. Agents don’t get involved with HS kids, or even college kids, unless there is money to be made. And if there is enough money to be made, rules don’t matter, they will just work harder to find some way around those rules and to get to the money.

According to this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/1995350001/
    There is now hearsay evidence that a trustee was funding the sex parties and it was not brought to the attention of the compliance department despite the president of the university supposedly knowing about it. The knowledge of that and the lack of reporting it would indicate a lack of institutional control which would bring on harsher penalties. Just seems like this stuff just keeps building up, but nothing is ever done about it. It's incredible that we're still talking about multiple serious infractions that have happened over many years, yet barely anything has been done to penalize them.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    yet barely anything has been done to penalize them.
    Louisville had a postseason ban and was stripped of their one national championship in the last 33 years. Not sure how that's "barely anything".

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Louisville had a postseason ban and was stripped of their one national championship in the last 33 years. Not sure how that's "barely anything".
    What does stripping a national championship actually mean? Do they have to pay back monies earned, or just they take down the banner and pretend the game never happened even though everyone saw it on tv?

I believe there was some sort of money payback or some sort of lien against future tournament monies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

They had to pay back all of their tournament earnings from those three NCAA Tournaments.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They had to pay back all of their tournament earnings from those three NCAA Tournaments.
    I thought tournament monies belonged to conferences, who then decided on splits between the various teams in the conference.

Did they give it back to the conference?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I thought tournament monies belonged to conferences, who then decided on splits between the various teams in the conference.

Did they give it back to the conference?
    You are correct about it belonging to the conference. Louisville has to pay the NCAA the money that the conference paid them. Not just for their own tournament games, but all the money they received from the conference. .
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White