Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Supporting Member xudash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,104

    UL Pointing the Morality Finger at the NCAA

    X A V I E R

  2. #2
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    25,408
    It's actually a lawyer from an ambulance chasing firm hired by some former Louisville players.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    8,005
    Can’t we just declare them BOTH morally bankrupt and call it a tie?

  4. #4
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,390
    Dear Lord this is dumb, I mean the whole premise of vacating wins is stupid, but both parties are pretty damn bad. Neither should be pointing fingers, own up to mistakes, and clean it up. Sheesh.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Dear Lord this is dumb, I mean the whole premise of vacating wins is stupid, but both parties are pretty damn bad. Neither should be pointing fingers, own up to mistakes, and clean it up. Sheesh.
    Did you forget what country you live in? 'Muricans don't own mistakes or make things right, we double down on doings things wrong. Yes this is both political and a personal statement. I see this way too much, the NCAA and Louisville basketball are glowingly prime examples.

  6. #6
    Sophomore sirthought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,151
    I kind of hope the NCAA loses. Not sure what a better punishment for schools should be, but hitting the students who put in the work seems pretty silly.

  7. #7
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,052
    Just fyi, UL is not involved in this suit, it was brought by some members of the championship team that were not involved in the dorm room boom boom.


    Though I believe that overall the lawsuit is ridiculous, I am somewhat sympathetic to the players (Luke Hancock mostly; due to him having the MVP taken away from him) who had no involvement in the sanctions that were handed down. However, I am also reminded of the fact that you win as a team, and you lose as a team.


    With that said, F the NCAA.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Did you forget what country you live in? 'Muricans don't own mistakes or make things right, we double down on doings things wrong. Yes this is both political and a personal statement. I see this way too much, the NCAA and Louisville basketball are glowingly prime examples.
    I mean unfortunately you are right, there's not a lot of people that own up to mistakes these days, granted this was more of blatant cheating, and moral compass more than anything but I digress. The NCAA and Louisville are both in the wrong, and it's painfully obvious that something needs to happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Just fyi, UL is not involved in this suit, it was brought by some members of the championship team that were not involved in the dorm room boom boom.


    Though I believe that overall the lawsuit is ridiculous, I am somewhat sympathetic to the players (Luke Hancock mostly; due to him having the MVP taken away from him) who had no involvement in the sanctions that were handed down. However, I am also reminded of the fact that you win as a team, and you lose as a team.


    With that said, F the NCAA.
    Reasons why I think vacating wins are dumb. I'm not going to forget that Louisville won that championship regardless of what the NCAA says. That's like the stupidest slap on the wrist, if you want to do something about it, take away scholarships, give post-season bans, don't vacate wins. That literally does nothing in the grand scheme of things other than what? A few records get thrown out. The NCAA might be the most poorly run organization I've ever seen, and I honestly feel it's like that South Park skit where the writers of Family Guy are a bunch of manatees that just pick a ball and string 3 together to make a joke, however in their case with punishments.

  9. #9
    Sophomore sirthought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,151
    Maybe rather than take away wins, they aught to just not allow the school to compete for a time, period. That loss of revenue will make them police their actions a whole lot more.

  10. #10
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Maybe rather than take away wins, they aught to just not allow the school to compete for a time, period. That loss of revenue will make them police their actions a whole lot more.
    Aka Death Penalty....I bet if UL got it, others would finally clean up their act, at least for awhile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •