Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I see it this way:

One head coach who is a master with Xs and Os and a master at recruiting (with tremendous people skills). He will continue to do his thing in those roles.

Two proven assistants brought in who should be able able to coach up talent and bring in top 100 /4 star players (maybe even a 5 star player).

One last assistant brought in who beautifully compliments the other assistants by being an actual Xavier graduate and former player. He is someone who understands the Xavier basketball brand and the tradition from a player's perspective as well as anyone. His experience, along with high energy persona and his genuine enthusiasm and pride for X, will make him the ultimate X ambassador. His charm and playing experience will help him build relationships with prospects in the region and also help close the deal with top prospects outside the region that the other assistants are working hard to land.

I could see Dante's conversation with X prospects going something like, "If you come to X, you will be key to our continuing the tradition of basketball excellence. X has won the regular season championship at least once in every conference we've been in over the past 30+ years. I was part of a team that won several conference championships- where making the NCAA tournament and winning games was expected. Last year's team- So you probably know- just won the Big East regular season championship and got a umber 1 seed in the NCAA tourney. There are players on the roster who have been to an elite eight and are itching to take it to the next level. You see the thing is... X teams just keep getting better. It's just the X way. When you choose X, you will very possibly be part of a team of legends who take that next step and take X to a final four and a even a natipnal championship. It is a big responsibility, but we will give you everything you need to make it happen."

So if you're looking for an amazing school with a truly special basketball program: One witj a proven track record of success and a proven track record for bringing in new coaching staffs who exceed expectations, then X is the place for you. If you are looking for a home court and facility that is as beautiful and state of the art as any in the country... a place that will be packed with with fans, then X is the place for you. At X, you will be attending a great university with a big time basketball program, but without the feeling of being at a school that's too big or where you feel lost. I can tell you from my own personal experience that going to Xavier was the best decision I've ever made. It's the perfect size campus, perfect number of students with a world class basketball facility that gets filled with world class fans. It's amazing. You want what we can give you ...and we want what you can give us! It's a beautiful thing."

So I say... CONGRATULATION and WELCOME HOME DANTE!

YOU ARE THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR THE REMAINING ASSISTANT SPOT.

DO YOUR THING AND MAKE XAVIER NATION PROUD!!!
    Last edited by IM4X; 07-14-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Wow... sorry about the duplicate post folks.
    Last edited by IM4X; 07-13-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Excited enough about it, he posted it twice.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    Excited enough about it, he posted it twice.

xu95
    To be fair I agree with the sentiments, I think the staff compliments each other very well, it's not the greatest hire in the world, but it's a third assistant, a spot that we can take a flier on, and it's someone that knows and loves the program. I think it'll be a good hire, and we'll see how much Dante grows in terms of recruiting Big East talent, and developing talent. If his attitude can rub off on these guys, then we'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I see it this way:

One head coach who is a master with Xs and Os and a master at recruiting (with tremendous people skills). He will continue to do his thing in those roles.

Two proven assistants brought in who should be able able to coach up talent and bring in top 100 /4 star players (maybe even a 5 star player).

One last assistant brought in who beautifully compliments the other assistants by being an actual Xavier graduate and former player. He is someone who understands the Xavier basketball brand and the tradition from a player's perspective as well as anyone. His experience, along with high energy persona and his genuine enthusiasm and pride for X, will make him the ultimate X ambassador. His charm and playing experience will help him build relationships with prospects in the region and also help close the deal with top prospects outside the region that the other assistants are working hard to land.

I could see Dante's conversation with X prospects going something like, "If you come to X, you will be key to our continuing the tradition of basketball excellence. X has won the regular season championship at least once in every conference we've been in over the past 30+ years. I was part of a team that won several conference championships- where making the NCAA tournament and winning games was expected. Last year's team- S you probably know- just won the Big East regular season championship and got a umber 1 seed in the NCAA tourney. There are players on the roster who have been to an elite eight and are itching to take it to the next level. You see the thing is... X teams just keep getting better. It's just the X way. When you choose X, you will very possibly be part of a team of legends who take that next step and take X to a final four and a even a natipnal championship. It is a big responsibility, but we will give you everything you need to make it happen."

"So if you're looking for an amazing school with a truly special basketball program: One with a proven track record of success and a proven track record for bringing in new coaching staffs who exceed expectations, then X is the place for you. If you are looking for a home court and facility that is as beautiful and star of the art as any in the country... a place that will be packed with with fans, then X is the place for you. At X, you will be attending a great university with a big time basketball program, but without the feeling of being at a school that's too big or where you'll feel lost. I can tell you from my own personal experience that going tonXavier was the best decision of my life. It's the perfect size campus, perfect number of students with a world class basketball facility with world class fans. It's amazing. You want what we can give you ...and we want what you can give us! It's a beautiful thing."

So I say... CONGRATULATION and WELCOME HOME DANTE!

YOU ARE THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR THE REMAINING ASSISTANT SPOT.

DO YOUR THING AND MAKE XAVIER NATION PROUD!!!
    Sign me up! Love it.
    X A V I E R

It has taken me a couple days to post since the news broke, but this was my dream as soon as I heard the news:

Coach Steele is a Xavier guy and stays for a loooong time. He takes Xavier to the next level and wins a national championship (or two, or three... or more ) Over this stretch, due to their amazing recruiting and development skills, Hayes and Johnson get hired away to be head coaches at other high-major programs. At the same time, Dante keeps improving and building up his recruiting and coaching skills, slowly working his way up the assistant ranks. One day way down the road, when Coach Steele decides it is time to move on because he has had just too much success, Mr. Dante Jackson is in the wings and waiting to become the next Head Coach of Xavier University, a national powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Confusing. he went to school here. That plays into his interest in the role, and our interest in continuity.

He's a low risk, rock-solid guy that can help bridge the gap from the winning tradition to the bright future.

Easy choice and a great chocie.

Not saying that it will happen, but potential futue XU Head Coach in Dante....
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    I do apologize to "Q". But I am fairly sure you made my point.
    By the time we potentially have a conversation about Dante as the head coach, Hayes and Johnson will already be years removed from the program, likely at their own head coaching jobs. Like Go said, Dante is so far behind those two in his coaching career that they aren't competing with him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    By the time we potentially have a conversation about Dante as the head coach, Hayes and Johnson will already be years removed from the program, likely at their own head coaching jobs. Like Go said, Dante is so far behind those two in his coaching career that they aren't competing with him at all.
    Yup agreed, Dante is just working to move up the ranks, I'm sure he'll be an assistant on our staff for as long as we want him. If he can develop as a coach, work hard recruiting, and all that jazz there's no reason to believe he wouldn't be a future head coach, he has the personality, and the attitude, I'm sure guys would love to play for him, but that is so far down the line, he's gonna have to put in grunt work for a while.