Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Dontaie Allen

  1. #21
    Supporting Member XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,636
    ....is scheduled to visit UK on Aug 1st, UL on August 13th......reported on gobigbluecountry.com that his mother has posted this on her FB page today.

    A friend of mine that is a HUGE UK fan posted the link to this report up on her own FB page tonight.

    Small county...news travels fast.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 07-19-2018 at 08:17 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    ....is scheduled to visit UK on Aug 1st, UL on August 13th......reported on gobigbluecountry.com that his mother has posted this on her FB page today.

    A friend of mine that is a HUGE UK fan posted the link to this report up on her own FB page tonight.

    Small county...news travels fast.
    If those are "unofficial" visits would it not signal to the man that UK/Uof L are not that interested ? Lots take "unofficial" visits when they are just "exploring" the landscape, but if you have offers in hand from other definite alternatives...
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

  3. #23
    All-Conference Juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    If those are "unofficial" visits would it not signal to the man that UK/Uof L are not that interested ? Lots take "unofficial" visits when they are just "exploring" the landscape, but if you have offers in hand from other definite alternatives...
    No. A player can only take 5 official visits. If the player lives close to the school it's usually not wise to waste them on a school that a parent can easily just drive the kid to or have himself drive to. It's better to use those paid/official visits on schools that are farther away. I have no idea if that applies in this case but that's my guess.

  4. #24
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    ....is scheduled to visit UK on Aug 1st, UL on August 13th......reported on gobigbluecountry.com that his mother has posted this on her FB page today.

    A friend of mine that is a HUGE UK fan posted the link to this report up on her own FB page tonight.

    Small county...news travels fast.
    Yup, Mitten posted that a few posts ago, we'll know whether he gets an offer or not soon. Obviously if he does I don't like our chances very much, especially with all things considered. However, recruiting is a strange game, you never really know until they get on campus, and even then you don't know due to transfers and what not. Hopefully we get him, looks like he has some major game, but if not, it's on to the next one, we still have a chance at a pretty damn good class of 2019 if pieces around Elias King come together.

  5. #25
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,111
    Kahlil Whitney, another small forward, getting crystal balled to UK. If they get him, I doubt they'd be looking for 3 small forwards in one class

  6. #26
    Supporting Member XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,636
    Had a talk with one of the country magistrates for Pendleton Co. today. He said that Donte is one of the most humble and likable young men that he has ever seen come through the HS. He also said that Donte is the best and most complete HS player that he has ever seen in his 60+ years of following Kentucky HS basketball.

  7. #27
    Supporting Member xu82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    12,277
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Had a talk with one of the country magistrates for Pendleton Co. today. He said that Donte is one of the most humble and likable young men that he has ever seen come through the HS. He also said that Donte is the best and most complete HS player that he has ever seen in his 60+ years of following Kentucky HS basketball.
    That sounds like a Xavier man to me!

  8. #28
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Kahlil Whitney, another small forward, getting crystal balled to UK. If they get him, I doubt they'd be looking for 3 small forwards in one class
    Something definitely to watch for, that could end up being huge for us if it means we can land Allen. Him and King would be two pretty pieces to start this class off right.

  9. #29
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,111
    I'd also be pumped about taking david johnson out from under mack. winning battles against louisville would be wonderful

  10. #30
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I'd also be pumped about taking david johnson out from under mack. winning battles against louisville would be wonderful
    I thought he was basically a Louisville lock from where he's from the city, and goes to Trinity, didn't he name them his leader??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •