Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    Maybe Der Kaiser was just shooting too close for us.. step back a couple feet and lights out.. SMH
    Is that where we were using him wrong?

KG was lights out in November. Lights out in March would likely have provided a F4 banner.

Supporting Member
    I loved our depth but both Kaiser and Sean stuggled a little to make room for Naj and Karem. We would not have done as well all year without Naj and Karem but I noticed a slight regression in both Kaiser and Sean near year end. That is why sports is so compelling and complex. It really is nobody's fault, I have been on teams where good players affected chemistry and there is nothing to do as you want good players.

I don't know that Sean regressed. He really wasn't used. He could have been used more, especially in the FSU game.

Supporting Member
    Sean was my favorite and my X daughters used to berate me for saying "he will surprise us all at the end". Regressed is too strong a word. As a player you should be able to play through mistakes but Mack saw that Karem would spread the floor and make his own shot a little more and got comfortable. Again this is a moot point if we made the foul shots but the slightest little flaw looms large in the tournament. It is really nobody's fault and last year as we had little depth(Edmond out) Sean and Q got chances they would not have had to play through errors. Thank God the FSU game aged off my DVR by accident and can never be retreived. It actually stopped with us ahead 70-68 with the ball..sigh. Believe me having started playing/watching in 1970 and coached, parented a player and been a superfan I have seen this 100 times. Damn and I would have picked up tab at Irish Club in Conn(cheap beer) if we made FF.

Junior
    Has anyone who's watched been able to tell if Kaiser has changed his shot? After the season, Banners on the Parkway described him:

He’s a belly shooter with a long release, which is why he shot much better in transition than in the half court. Faced with a rapidly closing defender, Kaiser’s shot mechanics don’t allow him to get a good shot away cleanly.
    I wonder if he's been able to quicken his release to be more like Tre's. If he can, that's a big step forward for him.

Sean vastly improved last year. His offense wasn't really going to improve much more than where it was at his Junior year.. He's never going to be the guy shooting 15 footers, but his back to the basket game is high level.

His main improvement was his defense and his floor spacing/awareness. He doubled his blocks from the previous season and played some really solid defense in the post. I wish he would have played more, but it was hard to get him out there with Kerem scoring like he was.

@srevolution: “Per @JoelMeyersNBA on @SiriusXMNBA, a two-way contract is in the works for #Pelicans SG @TrevonBluiett.”

I'm happy he's getting a shot, but I actually thought he might avoid the G League and sign on the main roster after his summer league performance. The Pels have no budget, but they could sign a minimum rookie contract, which would pay much better than a two-way.

If The Pels offer two-way, and another team swoops in with a better offer, Bluiett will have an interesting decision. I think he fits in well with that roster and the organization did give him a shot. They have some dynamic play makers.

I do think he could fit in with the Pacers or the Heat, both teams needing to bolster the wing.

Pacers are out of room pretty much. Just signed Turkey Evans and Doug McDermott. They have one more roster spot but that’s it. Not to mention Sumner on a 2-way...

I think a 2-way is Tre’s best shot.