Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    JP is incredibly athletic, but he needs to get his head straight. Makes way too many dumb mistakes to be an NBA player.
    If he can just be fine with the ball, play tough defense, and give a few minutes of energy off the bench he can carve a role, luckily he'll have time to develop. I'm a pseudo-Hornets fan so I wouldn't mind JP being in Charlotte on that roster. I think he has the attitude to cut it, but you're right a lot of fouls and turnovers, but luckily the Hornets don't need him to play 20-30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    If he can just be fine with the ball, play tough defense, and give a few minutes of energy off the bench he can carve a role, luckily he'll have time to develop. I'm a pseudo-Hornets fan so I wouldn't mind JP being in Charlotte on that roster. I think he has the attitude to cut it, but you're right a lot of fouls and turnovers, but luckily the Hornets don't need him to play 20-30 minutes.
    Yup. The thing to remember is JP had the ball in his hands in a position where he needed to create a LOT during his time at X. This resulted in tons of “we love JP” moments with a handful of “wtf JP” moments.

He won’t be asked to do that too often at the NBA level. He will be an energy guy who makes winning plays and hits open shots.

Sophomore
    from the athhehive blog in Charlotte

"J.P. Macura doesn’t look like an NBA player yet, but I like a lot of his game. He’s always in the right spot, he crashes the boards, and he makes quick decisions with the ball. He doesn’t give up on plays, either, and on more than one occasion he made up for a turnover by getting back on defense and forcing a bad shot or turnover on the other end. Plus, he takes charges. Coaches love that. Again, he’s not NBA material now, but he could be after a year in Greensboro."
    Not a bad summary and he has a chance to be one of the best 500 players in the world