Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    If he can play close to the 45 games allowed for a player on a 2 way, he will make half of what a rookie on the minimum makes (actually a little more than half) and he will get some good experience.

I really think the 2 ways are a much better deal for players with NBA aspirations than going to Europe is. Even if they can make more money in Europe.

xu95

Sophomore
    There are so many options now and so many people hungry to play. Honestly if any "OK" team in the NBA played as hungry as these summer league players(even like a Wizards or Trailblazers) they would be a threat to beat Golden State. I have never seen as many blocked dunks or run down blocks from behind and intense offensive rebounding..a bunch of junkyard dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    There are so many options now and so many people hungry to play. Honestly if any "OK" team in the NBA played as hungry as these summer league players(even like a Wizards or Trailblazers) they would be a threat to beat Golden State. I have never seen as many blocked dunks or run down blocks from behind and intense offensive rebounding..a bunch of junkyard dogs.
    In a regular season game? Ok. In a playoff series? GS is in another universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    In a regular season game? Ok. In a playoff series? GS is in another universe.
    Agreed, nobody is touching Golden State, they are stacked with all stars and talent all over the court, they phone it in during the regular season and become a whole different animal in the play-offs. It's a major shock if these guys lose.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    It's a major shock if these guys lose.
    I'd say I'd have liked to have seen what would happen with a healthy Chris Paul, but that's kind of an oxymoron.

Edit: and now we're really getting off-topic

Sophomore
    what I was saying is that if you get a Wizards or certainly Pacers playing each minute as if they were going to be cut, then I think it could be a game. No human being could every keep up the intensity of a bubble player and if John Wall, Beal and others played 48 min as if their lives depended on it they could counteract the unbelievable GS talent. Not going to happen though but I am shocked(probably should not be) at the hunger of these players I have not heard of trying to get a 2 way

Tre gets two way contract with Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Tre gets two way contract with Pelicans.
    Yup, just coming here to post that, so here's a link to a tweet to confirm: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...39988135673856

Good for him, hopefully he can prove a lot of people wrong (myself included) and carve out a decent career in the NBA, wish that man nothing but the best after the four special years he gave us.

Junior
    Good for Tre and JP. Tre can shoot, so that stretches the floor, which is a highly prized talent in today's NBA. JP is a hustle machine, and a pain in the ass to opponents, and he has some 3pt ability, ( think Lance Stephenson). I think they both will log more minutes than Sumner this year. As for Gates, he has I only give a shit once in awhile disease. Unless the Bulls are idiots he'll never see the floor.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    As for Gates, he has I only give a shit once in awhile disease. Unless the Bulls are idiots he'll never see the floor.
    Have you ever competed in D1 Athletics? Do you honestly believe its possible to make it to that level with "only giving a shit once in a while." You are making a serious character insult based on someone's temperament during arguably one of the most stressful moments of their life. And at a former Xavier player at that. Unreal.