Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Third Assistant Coach?

It has been a while since Coach Steele said that his hoped-for date in naming the final Assistant Coach would be June 25. Obviously, that date has come and gone and, unless I live in a vacuum, that position has not yet been filled.

Are there any new rumors floating around on who the likely candidate for that position will be? Has Coach Steele mentioned a new target date for the naming of that third coach?

I think there are several options still. The next open evaluation period is around July 11th I think and he will have an assistant before that date.

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    I think there are several options still. The next open evaluation period is around July 11th I think and he will have an assistant before that date.
    Yeah if anything I think it's a good thing he's vetting and finding the best possible candidate for X. Maybe he makes a splash hire, who knows, I'd like to think he's gonna get someone with ties to the DC area, or north of it, that way we can cover a lot of ground for opening up recruiting areas since we have Hayes in Georgia's area, and Johnson in Minnesota's area.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    We need someone with good east coast connections, that's for sure.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    We need someone with good east coast connections, that's for sure.
    100% agree or we can choose not to compete with BE recruiting in east and pick from the southeast and mid-north atlantic players. We do own Indiana with Steele's connections.
    Last edited by xukeith; 06-30-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    100% agree or we can choose not to compete with BE recruiting in east and pick from the southeast and mid-north atlantic players. We do own Indiana with Steele's connections.
    We definitely could, but it would be nice to branch out and have experts in as much area as possible. The bigger the area, the more recruits, the better chance of getting an impact player in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Wouldn't be so sure about owning Indiana with how Archie looks to be getting things in gear at IU...

All-Conference
    Just bring Dante back.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Just bring Dante back.
    Bring Thornton back. Bring Kelsey back. Bring me back. I'd be happy to recruit 20 hours a day, watch game film, make scouting reports and have no life for 1 year then get paid well.

I realize this is the wrong thread for this but....How do I go about paying supporting member dues? Any help.would be appreciated. Thanks.