Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Macura and Gates photos on ESPN draft page

As if not having any of our players drafted from a 1 seed NCAA tournament team wasn’t bad enough, now I just noticed the ESPN website staff apparently thinks J.P. is Kaiser and Kaiser is J.P.

Ouch...Come on ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    As if not having any of our players drafted from a 1 seed NCAA tournament team wasn’t bad enough, now I just noticed the ESPN website staff apparently thinks J.P. is Kaiser and Kaiser is J.P.

Ouch...Come on ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable
    I mean shit, Dayton had a guy drafted

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I mean shit, Dayton had a guy drafted
    The last pick too... what a kick in the nuts to Tre, JP, Gates and Xaviernation.

Sophomore
    Is this right, that the only player brought into the program who was drafted during Mack’s tenure as HC was Semaj? Seems hard to believe given the program’s success during that time, and since the coaches before him all produced multiple draft picks with shorter tenures and less program success. I suppose it’s a coincidence, but it seems there should be something to glean from this. Not sure what it would be, as there are plenty of cases of positive player development to point to. And he only recruited a half click behind Nova, so you can’t say he got the most from an empty cupboard. Whatever it is, you certainly can’t make the case that Mack recruits, develops, or produces NBA talent. Maybe he will now that he can recruit the kines of players he needs at Skanksville.

Is anyone reallly surprised they didn't get drafted? C'mon now. Maybe they get some looks but all three can go have very nice careers overseas.
    Zip'em Up!

Surprised that no X player got drafted... no.

Bummed... yes.

A bit surprised AND bummed that a Dayton player got drafted.

Not surprised Mack didn’t have many of his players get drafted, nor do I care if he ever does in the future.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Is this right, that the only player brought into the program who was drafted during Mack’s tenure as HC was Semaj? Seems hard to believe given the program’s success during that time, and since the coaches before him all produced multiple draft picks with shorter tenures and less program success. I suppose it’s a coincidence, but it seems there should be something to glean from this. Not sure what it would be, as there are plenty of cases of positive player development to point to. And he only recruited a half click behind Nova, so you can’t say he got the most from an empty cupboard. Whatever it is, you certainly can’t make the case that Mack recruits, develops, or produces NBA talent. Maybe he will now that he can recruit the kines of players he needs at Skanksville.
    Semaj and Edmond

Sophomore
    Trevon playing summer league for the pelicans. Hopefully he'll get signed by somebody

Noone is surprised by this who knows talent. All three will make great careers overseas. Tu Holloway was better than all of these guys and cant get in the league which tells you how hard it is to get in the NBA. Of the three I think the best chance to eventually get in the league is Kaiser. He can be a 3 and D guy and has the most upside.

Sumner as well.

There were a couple of guys that really had the potential to make their way there. Just didn't happen for them.