Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

JP signes 2 way contract with Charlotte Hornets..I think great news

Sophomore
    Awesome. If NCAA tournament JP shows up he'll have a good shot. Kerem is supposedly weighing his summer league options, so sounds like we'll be seeing all 4 of them in summer league

Junior
    That's huge! Congrats to JP!

Sophomore
    another article with more detail
    https://swarmandsting.com/2018/06/23...-way-contract/
    replacing Marcus Paige? the guy who hit the double clutch 3 that set up Kris Jenkins game winner? This shows how hard this league is to make, especially since the little "metrics" guys have talked over. When I look at so many flop picks recently (Emmanual Moutier, Efrin Payton and many others) how do these scouts have a job. They look like video game characters and will be ten miles behind Brunson and probably even Q.
    Good luck to JP and I had worried about not seeing any summer league articles..this is probably the only way to make the league

Great news! JP really deserves a shot at NBA.

I really like JP. Hope he gets to stay with the big team. I got a question. Pardon my ignorance, but it seems to me that JP's deal is better than the summer league that TB and KG got. Is that correct? I am not looking from a compensation standpoint but rather at the opportunity to play at the big league since a 2 way agreement allow players to play up to 45 days at the NBA level. Am I understanding/looking at this correctly? Can someone with knowledge share some light? Thanks.
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHTING MUSKETEER View Post
    I really like JP. Hope he gets to stay with the big team. I got a question. Pardon my ignorance, but it seems to me that JP's deal is better than the summer league that TB and KG got. Is that correct? I am not looking from a compensation standpoint but rather at the opportunity to play at the big league since a 2 way agreement allow players to play up to 45 days at the NBA level. Am I understanding/looking at this correctly? Can someone with knowledge share some light? Thanks.
    I just read this about JP. Have no idea what Tre got.

Sophomore
    you're spot on

Yes. And I believe his base salary is 80,000 (much higher than a G League player) with an opportunity to earn more depending on him playing in NBA games.

Freshman
    Here's how I see JP's two way deal working out. The Hornets call up JP for road games so he can agitate other players & especially their fans. They then send him back to G League when the Hornets are playing at home. That's a true two way deal for the Hornets & JP. He can then get a rep as the Hornets Nest for the road games he plays in. Splendid!