Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's really tough to make it to the NBA, and more players are drafted on high athleticism, than their game overall. Does that mean to say Xavier had bad players?? No. It's just a different beast where you can't teach size, speed, jumping ability. I do agree that Jalen Reynolds had the tool-set but the NBA was already changing to spacing the floor, and having bigs that have a little bit of range, the bangers in the post (basically Reynolds skill set) are becoming a very dying breed. I also think that'll change, we've gotten more talent since the move to the Big East, and as the league has established that it's pretty damn good I think we'll see some more X players drafted in the coming years, especially with the recruiting we've been doing. Am I upset Kaiser, JP, and Tre didn't get drafted?? Yeah, but am I shocked?? Not really. I wasn't expecting them too, but you never know with these things. Worst case scenario they get 6 figures making a killing overseas and keep trying.

Also I fully believe if Tu had just 2 or 3 more inches of height on him, he'd be in the NBA. It's rare to find a guy under 6' foot carve out a good career, unless they're a freak like Nate Robinson who carved out a decent 10 year career. It's just the things scouts drool for that are setting us back, I don't think it's the skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    No if Derrick Brown played on that Crawford team they could have been the
    best Xavier team ever. That is what pissed me off most about Mack’s first year. With DBrown back and Sean for one more year Sean would have maybe had at least one final four to his name.

Agree with you and WEBXU about D Brown...

That team would have been sick. I also think Derrick might have had a completely different NBA career had he stayed another year. He was so gifted but also so could have benefitted from one more year of playing at the college level. He and Crawford together would have been a beautiful thing indeed... plus some of the other pieces (including Tu). Brown was easily one of my all time favore X players.
    Last edited by IM4X; 06-27-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

That team would have been sick. I also think Derrick might have had a completely different NBA career had he stayed another year. He was so gifted but also so could have benefitted from one more year of playing at the college level. He and Crawford together would have been a beautiful thing indeed... plus some of the other pieces (including Tu). Brown was easily one of my all time favore X players.
    Lol no. Brown wisely left after having a heck of a season shooting the ball from deep (doubt he would have repeated that). He also took a RS and would have just been another year older.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Lol no. Brown wisely left after having a heck of a season shooting the ball from deep (doubt he would have repeated that). He also took a RS and would have just been another year older.
    Yeah I always find it funny how people ascribe this magical "one more year in college" theory when guys dont pan out in the NBA. Especially when talking about a guy who was a 4th year junior.

Like if Derrick Brown only had one more year of coaching from first time ever head coach Chris Mack, instead of HOF Larry Brown (who I hate TBH), man his career would have been completely different.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17