Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    Thank you for the recap. Did Steele actually say that he cannot comment on Walter right now?
    Yes he did. It was a two part question and Steele made sure he answered the Walter one at the end. He said he couldn't comment on it. It was great seeing MOR, Runner, Surf XU and Muskie among others. It is a great time and I don't know if anyone noticed but in years past they would have the baseball coach and maybe the women's coach talking but this year it exclusively Travis. He is a very approachable guy. I sat with the unequivocal Andy Barry who always has some great Boy Scout stories.

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    Yes he did. It was a two part question and Steele made sure he answered the Walter one at the end. He said he couldn't comment on it. It was great seeing MOR, Runner, Surf XU and Muskie among others. It is a great time and I don't know if anyone noticed but in years past they would have the baseball coach and maybe the women's coach talking but this year it exclusively Travis. He is a very approachable guy. I sat with the unequivocal Andy Barry who always has some great Boy Scout stories.
    I felt bad for the women's staff. If they are not going to participate then why were they there?
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I felt bad for the women's staff. If they are not going to participate then why were they there?
    A free steak?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    A free steak?
    Long drive for this food.
    Zip'em Up!

in years past they would have the baseball coach and maybe the women's coach talking but this year it exclusively Travis
    Not sure what the women's coaches or baseball coach would have to say that anyone would want to hear this year. They'd like to mostly erase the last twelve months, I'm sure.

My guess is that Brian Neal didn't speak because nobody asked him a single question last year.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    My guess is that Brian Neal didn't speak because nobody asked him a single question last year.
    Quite frankly women's basketball is at a place where you can't afford to be bad. If the team is good people will have some interest in following it. However it is enough on the fringe that if you are bad people don't get mad, or frustrated. Rather they just don't care and stop paying attention. The women's basketball team is definitely bad, and outside of some diehard fans, most people just stop paying attention and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    So sorry, MOR. Meant to come to your table then when Steele balls was finished talking I headed out to get home to the pool. I owe ya a beer or 5.
    Great event. Nice seeing Cheesehead, Surf, Muskie and Runner. If you haven't attended a Steak Fry it is a great time with cold beer and delicious food. I will never miss another one.

Can't wait to see team 97 compete next year!!!
    I kno, Brother. See ya soon!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell