Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Butler County Steak Fry - Recap

Recap:

Loves his staff. Xavier brand & program allowed him to keep Mario, Jennings, Fluker etc.

Team is working harder this offseason than he has seen in the 10 years he has been here.

Was at Big East meeting sin FL and Cintas was voted toughest place to play by coaches.

Scruggs: expects him to make a huge jump this year. Light turned on for him midway last season.

Tyrique: expects him to one of the best post players in league. Need him to play 5-6 minutes at time w/out being winded. Played at 260 lat season and Steele wants him at 230 and he is down to 243 already. Want him to run, dunk, rebound and defend.

Q: Healthy finally. They re-worked his jumper and you saw the improvement at end of season. Shot continues to improve. Must finish around rim better and use his left hand when he goes left, uses right too much. Wants Q to be more vocal on court, increase leadership.

Harden: Needs to get stronger. Natural scorer who can shoot. Practice will determine his PT.

Naji: had great freshman year. Need him to slow down a bit in the lane, gets out of control at times. Want him to be ready to catch and shoot. Should be one of the best defenders in the league.

Incoming guys; all players will be on campus by this Sunday

Walter: cannot comment on his situation right now
    Kennedy: Winner, long wing-span. Will compete for PT.
    Castlin: similar to Malcom Bernard, does dirty work, little of everything
    Hankins: Needs to put some weight on but will split with Tyrique. Can step out and shoot, game similar to Karem. Didn't have same type of resources at Ferris State so they want him to hit weight room.
    Welage: Stretch 4, shot 43 % from three last year. Will help fill perimeter void left by JP and Kaiser.

Still looking to possibly add another player or 2 but must be right fit and will not fill just to fill.

Will play man to man 90% of time but want to get more offense from their defense. Expects team to be quicker and disrupt the ball more. Will press at times but depends on lineups.

That is all I can recall!
    Zip'em Up!

Thank you for the recap. Did Steele actually say that he cannot comment on Walter right now?

The only important thing that Cheese left out was that he was finally able to meet the Great MOR himself in the flesh!!! :-)

Seriously though, it was an honor to see the outstanding Men of Xavier in their Natural Habitat including, Mid-Major, Cheesehead, Frambo, Surf XU (the Creator of the most superb gloss of all-time- "Yellow Toothed Gnome"), East Coast XMan (who came all the way in from New Jersey for this extravaganza), Muskie, Timmy H, the wonderful Xavier Bob from Finneytown-who is looking fit and healthy Thank the Lord-, By Larkin, and Big Joe. As usual, Gladden Guy thought he was too good for me and blew me off without a word.

We stopped by Dana Gardens for lunch yesterday and 94Grad and we all agreed that Travis "Steal" is a natural, approachable and nice guy. He was certainly that last night with his handsome son Winston. The program is in great hands.

My old buddy and classmate KP put on another titanic show last night and he is greatly appreciated. If you have never been, you gotta go.

If I forgot anyone that I saw last night, I deeply apologize. The old brain ain't what it used to be- other than politics and Global Warming.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The only important thing that Cheese left out was that he was finally able to meet the Great MOR himself in the flesh!!! :-)

Seriously though, it was an honor to see the outstanding Men of Xavier in their Natural Habitat including, Mid-Major, Cheesehead, Frambo, Surf XU (the Creator of the most superb gloss of all-time- "Yellow Toothed Gnome"), East Coast XMan (who came all the way in from New Jersey for this extravaganza), Muskie, Timmy H, the wonderful Xavier Bob from Finneytown-who is looking fit and healthy Thank the Lord-, By Larkin, and Big Joe. As usual, Gladden Guy thought he was too good for me and blew me off without a word.

We stopped by Dana Gardens for lunch yesterday and 94Grad and we all agreed that Travis "Steal" is a natural, approachable and nice guy. He was certainly that last night with his handsome son Winston. The program is in great hands.

My old buddy and classmate KP put on another titanic show last night and he is greatly appreciated. If you have never been, you gotta go.

If I forgot anyone that I saw last night, I deeply apologize. The old brain ain't what it used to be- other than politics and Global Warming.
    The honor was all mine, MOR. Now, I can put a face to the climate change naysayer

Seriously though, it was great to meet you. All for One and One for All
    Last edited by Cheesehead; 06-21-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Zip'em Up!

Junior
    Played at 260 last season
    That explains a lot about his knee problems. I'm guessing that wasn't all muscle.

Nice summary Cheese. I assume MOR wasn't standing too close to the grill.
    2023 Sweet 16

MOR says Steele brought his son. Probably with you guys it is a good thing he didn't bring Mrs. Steele.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    MOR says Steele brought his son. Probably with you guys it is a good thing he didn't bring Mrs. Steele.
    Nah....they’re not Dayton fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post

So sorry, MOR. Meant to come to your table then when Steele balls was finished talking I headed out to get home to the pool. I owe ya a beer or 5.
    Great event. Nice seeing Cheesehead, Surf, Muskie and Runner. If you haven't attended a Steak Fry it is a great time with cold beer and delicious food. I will never miss another one.

Can't wait to see team 97 compete next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    Thank you for the recap. Did Steele actually say that he cannot comment on Walter right now?
    Yes, he did. He quickly moved past it too.
    Zip'em Up!