Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Geno Crandall

Math is not the strong suit of Minnesotans.

(You betcha...)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

He’s a fine player but I prefer guys that jump off 1 foot, and he’s a both-feet jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Gophers:

13 NCAA appearances
    1 Final 4 (1997)
    2 Elite 8
    5 Sweet 16

Musketeers:

27 NCAA appearances (15 of the last 17 years)
    0 Final 4
    3 Elite 8
    7 Sweet 16
    Minnesota has no Final Fours:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...x107twfnzh8jub
    7. Minnesota (1996-97)

Record: 31-4

Coach: Clem Haskins

Star players: Bobby Jackson, Sam Jacobson, Eric Harris

Why NCAA got involved: An academic fraud scandal involving Haskins, an academic adviser and a secretary involving "400 pieces of course work for at least 18 student-athletes" from 1994-98.

What didn't happen: Jackson's high socks, Jacobson's shooting or Harris' high-flying dunks for a team that finished 16-2 in Big Ten play before a run through the NCAA tournament that ended with a thrilling 78-69 loss to eventual national champion Kentucky – coached by Pitino? Of course not.
    Just to bring it full circle, Gonzaga's run started when it "upset" Minnesota in 1999 after several Minnesota players were ruled ineligible for the game due to this scandal: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...?noredirect=on

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Not to mention then-Gonzaga coach Dan Monson took the Minny job in 2000. He wasn't nearly as successful for the Gophers.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Maybe it's a good thing Xavier missed out on Geno Crandell:

Grand Forks Herald - Expected to be at Gonzaga This Semester, Geno Crandall Still Enrolled at North Dakota

On the other hand, Crandall could still get his degree in December and then transfer to Gonzaga once he officially receives his degree. When was the last time (if ever) someone played for two different D-I teams in a single season?

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Maybe it's a good thing Xavier missed out on Geno Crandell:

Grand Forks Herald - Expected to be at Gonzaga This Semester, Geno Crandall Still Enrolled at North Dakota

On the other hand, Crandall could still get his degree in December and then transfer to Gonzaga once he officially receives his degree. When was the last time (if ever) someone played for two different D-I teams in a single season?
    He couldn't play for UND first semester if he wanted to play at Gonzaga for the second semester. You can't play for two teams in the same season.

Don't get how he could screwed this up. If he's still enrolled at UND and they are on the semester system, how is of benefit to the ZAGS who are already loaded?
    2023 Sweet 16

I'm really confused to how this happened and what it means going forward, like it's impossible to be enrolled into two universities at the same time right, and when does Gonzaga start classes, shouldn't this have been figured out a while ago?

He is not on Gonzaga's roster. I would think that is for him then. It's either UND or bust.

North Dakota transfer Geno Crandall isn't enrolled currently at GU, according to school's registrar office. “Geno is continuing to work on his NCAA transfer requirements and we are excited for him to become a Zag,” GU sports information director Barrett Henderson said.

___

My guess is he won't get those final credits done.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook