Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Cup

French central defense is not good but Mbpape is a stud. His ice changed the game.

Second game had its moments.

Wife and I just finished a vacation in the upper peninsula Michigan. My family is half Croatian and half Finlander as that cover most people up there. That vacation brought me back to my roots. There were a lot flags out of those countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Messi and Ronaldo out, we might have just witnessed the end of an era internationally. Messi is 31 and may not be in the next WC; and Ronaldo is 33 and may not be in the next WC either, maybe not even next Euros. Kind of brings on the narrative of the new generation coming in, with the Dybala (no idea why he didn't play more for Argentina, literally floored), Neymar, Mbappe, etc. It's kind of crazy to get caught up in the debate of who's better and not just appreciate that we were watching two of the greatest footy players to grace this planet.

Annnd those Chernobyl bastards take care of Spain. What a strange, strange, World Cup.

Atlanta vs Orlando 72K
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Annnd those Chernobyl bastards take care of Spain. What a strange, strange, World Cup.
    1-1 and pks is hardly domination. Denmark was lucky the ref made a blunder not issuing a red card on the takedown. Still have Brazil and France and Uruguay as huge favorites.

Is there a school or something where they teach soccer players to flop?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    1-1 and pks is hardly domination. Denmark was lucky the ref made a blunder not issuing a red card on the takedown. Still have Brazil and France and Uruguay as huge favorites.

Oh yeah I wasn't saying domination, more so another one bites the dust, and I agree, Modric looked a little frightened taking the PK in ET, but cooled his nerves and buried it in the shootout, the keepers did well, love seeing the younger Schmeichel showcase some of his genetic talent.

Brazil looking even better with Japan handling Belgium right now, Japan have looked crisp this match.

This is as strange as I have seen.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    This is as strange as I have seen.
    Welp. Guess I was wrong about Japan bossing Belgium, what a comeback, Fellaini with the super sub, and a sublime dummy at the end for the winner... Chadli deserves all the Belgium waffles in the world after that.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Is there a school or something where they teach soccer players to flop?
    Mime school?