Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I'll take the loud, cheering fan who's passionate about the team and game over the fan who sits on their hands and doesn't cheer at all. Whats great is that if you dont like where you are, you can move and find another spot. Sometimes that works out well for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    There was a guy in 103 a number of years ago who had no use for Doellman, Duncan, or Farr. It seemed like every time one of them made a mistake, or missed a shot, he would start riding them like a Schwinn.
    Was that a guy who sat in the last row row? I was so glad to move away from that jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I'll take the loud, cheering fan who's passionate about the team and game over the fan who sits on their hands and doesn't cheer at all. Whats great is that if you dont like where you are, you can move and find another spot. Sometimes that works out well for everyone involved.
    I with you BleedX... that's what makes this atmosphere so much better than the NBA in my opinion and the Cintas Center especially has an energy that eclipses even the vast majority of college atmospheres. Generally the end zone fanatics do a good job of providing a good portion of that energy... maybe it's the juxtaposition to the beer booths... IDK. The players feed off of it, the recruits notice it, the TV announcers notice it, the coaches notice it. There's enough people that go to other games that all you see them do is text or look at their phones when the TV pans to a crowd shot. Let's keep it loud and engaged. Let's Go X!!
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

+1.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Was that a guy who sat in the last row row? I was so glad to move away from that jackass.
    Not sure exactly where he sat. My seats then were on the other side of 105, so I wasn’t close enough to see him. Sure could hear him though! I’m now on that side of 105, right next to 103. If he’s still there, he’s quieted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I'm fairly sure they aren't talking about a loud passionate fan cheering for the team. Sounds more like someone who is constantly yelling at officials and possibly our own players/staff. There's a big difference between cheering for the team, vs frustratingly yelling at the refs and Xavier players.

I sit in 201 and I would honestly say there is some embellishment about the guy that is being referenced. He does not swear, ever and generally the fans I have seen are amused by his comments.

There was a another guy who let an f-bomb slip and he apologized for it. I just hope there are iPhone chargers built into the seats in the new section for the fan that is complaining.
    Zip'em Up!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I agree in one sense but not in another.

I am a pretty passionate fan (as I would imagine most of us on here are) and I cheer loudly and often. However there are fans who make the games miserable for the entire area. Those that are constant bitchers/complainers/harassers/cursers. Give me a silent non cheering fan over that guy everytime no doubt about it. My family had tickets in 202 for 15 years and there was a guy who was one of these unbearable guys right behind us. My dad finally lost it one game and turned around and firmly told him to cool it, if you will. You could tell everyone was happy someone finally said something. The guy was much better for the rest of the year. My parents moved their seats after that year and I got some around that section but not sure I was close enough to him at that point.

That type of guy is miserable to be seated by.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17