Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Samari Curtis

Pot

Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    who the hell hijacked this thread?
    kettle

Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    loved cinci when i was at x but much prefer chicago where i'm now at. For smaller cities, i like nashville and san diego!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Geez, it ONLY brought a $49 million return, not to mention thousands of people who've never been here before talking about the city to everyone they mentioned their travels to. The direct revenue was exactly $10 million, so they broke even, but the added business to the region was huge.

Where did you get that garbage ? All in it lost just over 17 million dollars. The $49 million is a bulls--t number estimating the market cost of publicity it generated. If that generated $49 million than a Monday Night Football game would be over a billion. Nice job falling for the CYA put out by the visitors bureau.
    Last edited by Title; 06-01-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Anyways back to Curtis, he said he had a really good relationship with Travis Steele and that "they talked every single day", I know we say that it's because he's getting some offers now, but do you think we have a realistic shot in keeping him? Or if Armaan Franklin commits the writing is on the wall? We're okay on guards right now because we'll still have Q and Scruggs, but beyond that it's a bit of a question mark, think he doesn't want to compete for minutes and contribute right away??

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Anyways back to Curtis, he said he had a really good relationship with Travis Steele and that "they talked every single day", I know we say that it's because he's getting some offers now, but do you think we have a realistic shot in keeping him? Or if Armaan Franklin commits the writing is on the wall? We're okay on guards right now because we'll still have Q and Scruggs, but beyond that it's a bit of a question mark, think he doesn't want to compete for minutes and contribute right away??
    How dare you try to get this back on track!

I wish I had a clue as to what’s going on here, so I wait, and check in here to see in what direction these threads wander off. I just hope and pray for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Pot

kettle
    Haha, got me there.

Sophomore
    I don't see the staff continuing to recruit Curtis. He really caught them off guard with his decommittment. Also, Xavier is in great position with Franklin, most think it is a day to day thing. #commitmentwatch
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    I don't see the staff continuing to recruit Curtis. He really caught them off guard with his decommittment. Also, Xavier is in great position with Franklin, most think it is a day to day thing. #commitmentwatch
    Ahh okay, so it's probably just a clean break, well that sucks, I was pretty excited about him, his highlights were a treat to watch, and really looked like he could light it up from deep.

Ahh okay, so it's probably just a clean break, well that sucks, I was pretty excited about him, his highlights were a treat to watch, and really looked like he could light it up from deep.
    I don't think his assumptions about not recruiting Samari are correct at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I don't think his assumptions about not recruiting Samari are correct at all.
    If only to show Holtman, Painter et al to keep their greasy mitts away from Muskie commits, Curtis is not one from whom Coach Steele is going to turn away.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

whatever happened to Keontae Kennedy making up his mind? He didn't last Wednesday. He announced an offer from a smalller school on Twitter.

Not making his mind up.