Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Keonte Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I keep reading how this is such a strange situation, but I don’t really agree. I think it’s just that Mack had been at X for a number of years and X had not gone through a coaching change recently. Decomits by recruits after a coaching change happen all the time at schools going through it. Most kids seem to be picking a school based on a relationship with a coach, not based on the school as much. So when that coach leaves, or there is some other shakeup within the coaching staff, it seems natural to me for the recruit to take a second look at their options. When Miller left X lost a recruit or two to Arizona, as they followed the coach that they had a relationship with. Mack was immediately reaching out to kids whom he had a relationship with, when he got to UL. He will probably land one that otherwise may have come to X. It can go the other way too. Look at UC football after Tubberville left and Finkle came in. All of a sudden they are starting to get kids that might have gone to OSU and are recruiting area kids that weren’t looking at UC before. Same school, same kids, but the coach and staff are new. So Kennedy is having a hard time making up his mind? He is still a kid. Kids change their minds all the time. Kids have a hard time making up their minds, especially when the new girl (school) starts txting them, calling them, and telling them how much they want to be with them. It will all work out.
    He decommitted because Xavier coaches backed off. He wanted to come to X and now the coaches are back on him and he will most likely pick Xavier.

That all seems like it is going to make for a bit of an awkward dynamic starting out. I'm sure it will all be water under the bridge in no time at all...but, at first...and hoping it doesn't stick with this kid and foster doubts down the road. The whole process is difficult enough for these young egos. I can see him not making the rotation or getting the minutes he thinks he deserves or gets pulled / benched for some legitimate reason and always with the questions in the back of his mind...

Hopefully he gets in here, just lights it up, and removes all doubt and the bench hoists him on their shoulders after so many game winning shots and they build a statue out next to Dart or even next to FX and name the practice faculty or a new building after him when he runs for office and cleans out the swamp.....for real this time....and makes all was, poverty, disease and UC forgotten things of the past....and then as a member of the Justice League forever protecting us all from all enemies, foreign, domestic, intergalactic and other-dimensional...

...but not before fully funding the head-coaching position at Xavier for the next 100 years and ridding the planet of the scourge of light beer..
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    That all seems like it is going to make for a bit of an awkward dynamic starting out. I'm sure it will all be water under the bridge in no time at all...but, at first...and hoping it doesn't stick with this kid and foster doubts down the road. The whole process is difficult enough for these young egos. I can see him not making the rotation or getting the minutes he thinks he deserves or gets pulled / benched for some legitimate reason and always with the questions in the back of his mind...

Hopefully he gets in here, just lights it up, and removes all doubt and the bench hoists him on their shoulders after so many game winning shots and they build a statue out next to Dart or even next to FX and name the practice faculty or a new building after him when he runs for office and cleans out the swamp.....for real this time....and makes all was, poverty, disease and UC forgotten things of the past....and then as a member of the Justice League forever protecting us all from all enemies, foreign, domestic, intergalactic and other-dimensional...

...but not before fully funding the head-coaching position at Xavier for the next 100 years and ridding the planet of the scourge of light beer..
    Is that all???

Is this kid a 5 star high profile recruit? Geesh this kid has treated this process as though he's a McDonald's AA.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Is this kid a 5 star high profile recruit? Geesh this kid has treated this process as though he's a McDonald's AA.
    Not at all. He committed to X, coaching change, "X was like ehhh maybe this isn't a good fit for you, maybe you should look elsewhere", he looked elsewhere, still wanted to go to X, X wasn't willing to accept his commitment, he still wanted to go to X, X changed their mind and accepted his commitment.
    Last edited by XMuskieFTW; 06-08-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post

Excellent post. You had me at "practice faculty." That I would like to see.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I would rather he be a Boathouse Beast. Dude needs to eat and put on some muscle.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Not at all. He committed to X, coaching change, "X was like ehhh maybe this isn't a good fit for you, maybe you should look elsewhere", he looked elsewhere, still wanted to go to X, X wasn't willing to accept his commitment, he still wanted to go to X, X changed their mind and accepted his commitment.
    Yeah not sure why some are acting like he's been a diva. It's clear X backed off on him and he really wanted to come and we then reached out with an offer again. We shoudl be praising that a kid wanted to come to us so bad that he delayed his commitment to some other pretty decent basketball schools.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah not sure why some are acting like he's been a diva. It's clear X backed off on him and he really wanted to come and we then reached out with an offer again. We shoudl be praising that a kid wanted to come to us so bad that he delayed his commitment to some other pretty decent basketball schools.
    And who is taking the time to make the right decision for himself, not a bunch of guys on a board who "need" to know his decision.

What is up with these Crandall posts? I like that Kennedy is so excited about X that he recommitted. I think he has great potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk