Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keonte Kennedy

He is announcing on Friday that he will be coming to Xavier.

xu95

So much for those with inside information!

I hope Kennedy does make the team. He's got a good frame and a sweet looking shooting stroke. He'll need to learn how to built muscle and defend, but so do all the recruits.

I hope he's freaking awesome and we all look back at this circus and realize how close we were to losing him. Or, he'll be Brandon Randolph, Larry Austin, Adrion Graves, Brian Walsh, Griffan McKenzie, Boubacar Coly, or any of those other none-and-done type guys we've had over the years....

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I hope he's freaking awesome and we all look back at this circus and realize how close we were to losing him. Or, he'll be Brandon Randolph, Larry Austin, Adrion Graves, Brian Walsh, Griffan McKenzie, Boubacar Coly, or any of those other none-and-done type guys we've had over the years....
    That's what I've always liked about MHETTEL --- a rosy outlook on everything Xavier!

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    So much for those with inside information!

I hope Kennedy does make the team. He's got a good frame and a sweet looking shooting stroke. He'll need to learn how to built muscle and defend, but so do all the recruits.
    Things changed, that's why X's position changed. It didn't make the previous info wrong.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I hope this is true. I have a good feeling about the young man.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Things changed, that's why X's position changed. It didn't make the previous info wrong.

Well, it would certainly make the info that he was "100% not coming to Xavier" wrong, now wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Well, it would certainly make the info that he was "100% not coming to Xavier" wrong, now wouldn't it?
    That looks like a math question. I hate math questions.

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    He is announcing on Friday that he will be coming to Xavier.

xu95
    This was one of the most strange recruiting processes that I've ever seen play out, but hopefully he comes in and can be a contributor. Looking forward to seeing him in an X jersey, and hope he really proves some people wrong. We have the schollies, may as well utilize em.

I keep reading how this is such a strange situation, but I don’t really agree. I think it’s just that Mack had been at X for a number of years and X had not gone through a coaching change recently. Decomits by recruits after a coaching change happen all the time at schools going through it. Most kids seem to be picking a school based on a relationship with a coach, not based on the school as much. So when that coach leaves, or there is some other shakeup within the coaching staff, it seems natural to me for the recruit to take a second look at their options. When Miller left X lost a recruit or two to Arizona, as they followed the coach that they had a relationship with. Mack was immediately reaching out to kids whom he had a relationship with, when he got to UL. He will probably land one that otherwise may have come to X. It can go the other way too. Look at UC football after Tubberville left and Finkle came in. All of a sudden they are starting to get kids that might have gone to OSU and are recruiting area kids that weren’t looking at UC before. Same school, same kids, but the coach and staff are new. So Kennedy is having a hard time making up his mind? He is still a kid. Kids change their minds all the time. Kids have a hard time making up their minds, especially when the new girl (school) starts txting them, calling them, and telling them how much they want to be with them. It will all work out.