Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keonte Kennedy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Keonte Kennedy

Is anybody else wondering (now it's after 4:30 p.m.) what time Keonte Kennedy will announce where he will play basketball this coming season among SMU, Texas Tech, and Xavier? He indicated earlier this week that he'd announce today.

I saw earlier that his twitter account said that it would be 7:30 (I’m assuming central time zone) this evening

By all accounts, he’s not coming to Xavier and is not even being recruited by Xavier anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    By all accounts, he’s not coming to Xavier and is not even being recruited by Xavier anymore.
    Which are "all" accounts? Can you name them?

Man XU87 is pissing on my campfire.

I want Keonte Kennedy back in the fold. Guess we will find out in five minutes.

My youngest says he is coming back, so I have a source!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

From his twitter:

Decision has been postponed to Wednesday sorry for the wait.

I was hoping to see the X.

He probably read XU87s post.

Thanks 87
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Which are "all" accounts? Can you name them?
    I am not permitted to reveal my top secret inside sources. However, while I don't know this to be absolute fact, I think it is fair to infer that Kennedy's decision to be released from his LOI was more Xavier's decision than his.
    Last edited by XU 87; 05-28-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I am not permitted to reveal my top secret inside sources. However, while I don't know this to be absolute fact, I think it is fair to infer that Kennedy's decision to be released from his LOI was more Xavier's decision than his.
    Why would we release him unless it was a character issue? It’s not that this class is real deep. Any news? It’s Wednesday.

I keep reading how this is such a strange situation, but I don’t really agree. I think it’s just that Mack had been at X for a number of years and X had not gone through a coaching change recently. Decomits by recruits after a coaching change happen all the time at schools going through it. Most kids seem to be picking a school based on a relationship with a coach, not based on the school as much. So when that coach leaves, or there is some other shakeup within the coaching staff, it seems natural to me for the recruit to take a second look at their options. When Miller left X lost a recruit or two to Arizona, as they followed the coach that they had a relationship with. Mack was immediately reaching out to kids whom he had a relationship with, when he got to UL. He will probably land one that otherwise may have come to X. It can go the other way too. Look at UC football after Tubberville left and Finkle came in. All of a sudden they are starting to get kids that might have gone to OSU and are recruiting area kids that weren’t looking at UC before. Same school, same kids, but the coach and staff are new. So Kennedy is having a hard time making up his mind? He is still a kid. Kids change their minds all the time. Kids have a hard time making up their minds, especially when the new girl (school) starts txting them, calling them, and telling them how much they want to be with them. It will all work out.

Well Beard at Texas Tech is going to be a good team. Kennedy still has good teams after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk