Sophomore

Will JP get a look in summer league

In reading an article on nba draft I saw this sentence

"During his college career, Allen averaged 14.1 points and joined Grant Hill, Jon Scheyer, Danny Ferry, and Johnny Dawkins as the only Duke players with at least 1,900 points, 400 rebounds and 400 assists."

JP Macura has 1500 points, 300 assists and 500 rebounds.

I dont think JP is as good as Allen, but this number surprised me as the Big East was probably as good as the ACC during this time and.

As a friend of mine said (a Villanova grad buddy of Lappas) "you have always been a sports provacateur"

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    In reading an article on nba draft I saw this sentence

"During his college career, Allen averaged 14.1 points and joined Grant Hill, Jon Scheyer, Danny Ferry, and Johnny Dawkins as the only Duke players with at least 1,900 points, 400 rebounds and 400 assists."

JP Macura has 1500 points, 300 assists and 500 rebounds.

I dont think JP is as good as Allen, but this number surprised me as the Big East was probably as good as the ACC during this time and.

As a friend of mine said (a Villanova grad buddy of Lappas) "you have always been a sports provacateur"
    As much as I can't stand Allen, he is better than JP. He's might be an 1-1/4" shorter than JP, but he is a lot more explosive. He shoots it better than JP too. Grayson's sophmore year, he averaged 22 points and 5 rebounds per game.

Even his senior, on a team loaded with 1st round picks, he averaged almost 16 points and 5 assists per game.

JP did shooter better inside the arc during their college careers. JP shot 53% from 2pt range in his career, which is really good.

Sophomore
    this was meant to provoke as I agree Allen is better(although the fact that it can be discussed is amazing). Maybe a summer league matchup will provide final proof.

JP was better at pissing off the opponents fan base without tripping people though.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I believe JP will get a look, just because he has such a high motor. He's a guy that can knock it down from three, will play tough defense, will lay it out all on the line, etc. He would be a great spark player off the bench for someone. Him and Grayson are relatively similar, but I agree with the sentiments here that Grayson is a better athlete/player; if JP had like 2-3 more inches on him he's probably be a guaranteed NBA lock.

Sophomore
    http://www.professionalbasketballcom...etball-combine
    JP at Combine at IMG..good luck
    not the "big" one but every journey begins with a single step