Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tre

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    JP had fouled out
    I think what you meant to say is that the refs blew their whistles 5 times and called a foul on JP.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I think what you meant to say is that the refs blew their whistles 5 times and called a foul on JP.
    This!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    Well that was implied

I've hoped a team would pick him up that's not as concerned about defense, but badly needs a designated spot up 3 point shooter. The only problem is he's just not that good at shooting threes at around 35% on a shorter distance than NBA. He's 6'5 with a 30" vertical, tops, and will have to shoot over 6'7-6'10 with 36"-44" verticals. I hope he makes it but he won't.

Bluiett has been transferred up to the Pels

Sophomore
    often in sports the deck gets reshuffled. For example JP has really shined in the g league(exceed my expectations) and now "may" be an equal pro prospect to Greyson Allen. Tre is up and he gets his chance..if Alonzo Trier can contribute maybe he can. Good luck and that is part of the journey..lets support this year's team that has given us so much pleasure in the past.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    It is incredible how different the college and NBA games are. As a 50 year watcher of both (Alcindor and 69 Knicks are earliest memories at age 13) the college game has so much more vibrancy. Unbelievable talent in NBA, breathtaking athletes but getting to be like watching Roadrunner v Coyote..both punching a clock to a pre ordained script. Loved the last 4 years and looking forward to next year
    Here, here. NBA is predictable and really pretty boring unless you get off watching guys run up and down the floor dunking but playing almost no defense. Playoffs a little more interesting but by the time the playoffs even arrive, I've lost interest. Wasn't always that way. One of the more interesting NBA teams was the Pistons in the days of the Bad Boys. Bill Laimbeer has to be one of the dirtiest players of all time----but he kept things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Here, here. NBA is predictable and really pretty boring unless you get off watching guys run up and down the floor dunking but playing almost no defense. Playoffs a little more interesting but by the time the playoffs even arrive, I've lost interest. Wasn't always that way. One of the more interesting NBA teams was the Pistons in the days of the Bad Boys. Bill Laimbeer has to be one of the dirtiest players of all time----but he kept things interesting.
    The NBA plays better defense than the NCAA, and it's not even close. Where the hell did this misconception come from and why do people repeat it as fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The NBA plays better defense than the NCAA, and it's not even close. Where the hell did this misconception come from and why do people repeat it as fact?
    I think it’s because they play so many (TOO many) games, and try so little most of the year. I remember taking our AAU playing kids to a game in Charlotte once, spending like $600 on the night, and my youngest turned to me 5 minutes in and said “they’re not even trying”. It was hard to argue, and why I’m fine if I never go to an NBA game again. I’ll wait until the playoffs to even watch on TV.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Completely agree when it comes to the playoffs..regular season? Meh..I dont watch a ton of regular season NBA but the games I have, guys certainly seem less enthused to play d a lot of the time.